Redtail Rise and god knows i can make ammends
77 Posts
Ooc — mutton
@Astraeus other tags for reference
wc: 207

Note to self: never be a voluntary third wheel.

That should’ve been pinned on their little brain refrigerator long before now, because in hindsight that was one of the dumbest ideas they’d ever had. 

But hey, it seemed like a grand idea at first. How can the eldest sib resist terrorizing their sister and her new boy toy? It was fucking hilarious at the start—interrupting all those smooching sessions never got old— but as time went on, Buzzard got less and less attention. @Vulture and the boy would go off and do their lovey dovey shit, while they got left on the sidelines. That was pretty fucked up. It was supposed to be the scavenger siblings against the world, not Vulture, her unattractive boyfriend (boyfriends at that point. what a slut!), and sometimes Buzzard.

They got sick of the third wheel thing after awhile. One day they lowkey snapped; said “fuck this”, “fuck you guys”, and “I’m looking for @Condor”. As annoying as he could be sometimes, at least he wouldn’t throw them out for stupid drooling men.

It’s been a week or two since Buzzard fucked right off, and they were still sorta pissed. Ok they were still very pissed but at least they hid it well (spoiler: no they didn’t.).

Christ. Where is he? they grumbled as they stomped forward. We were here before right? This place seemed vaguely familiar. Maybe they were just going crazy.
Hushed Willows
Dancer
omnipotent society of youth
157 Posts
Ooc — cas
The taste of dust had been settling in his mouth all evening as the seasons are brung to their knees for each other. He reaches for the last of the warmth within his armor-plated heart and garners it close; he can barely stand the gelid chills along the meridian of his form. These sensations are familiar, likeness to when Mahler called his name or when the amethyst gaze of Phaedra gauges him under distrustful scrutiny.
( i'll promise them that i can change — )
maybe today his heart would mesh into a mess of all-things cottony while pining for a nearness to love and bring something back to share ( or non-spit cowled herbs for both ).

He had the pleasure to chance upon the little rockhopper today, and ruminate about the allure of moss-shawled boulders.
“When I sit on these, my butt is much more comfortable then on a flat rock,” he would add as she probed and prodded them all. Massively one-sided he thought shrugging, perhaps the seelie girl perceived talking as an unneeded nicety. He would have agreed. Stone-girl was good companion, but not what he wanted, needed.

He'd always been infatuated with the blackened spires of the rise;
a fire had brushed thru here many a moon ago one would say. Astraeus can only spit at the idea Condor returned here, and those others that had loitered around far too long and even after his warnings. These charcoal ruins are familiar, that wolf he sees now, familiar! And then it is under ink-washed boughs and the irregular palpitations of his heart, remembrance raps the door with its knuckles, come for a visit:
dreamless, pants wetting fear, a myriad a cry for vati, the taste of metal, watercolors — no, that's blood.

Buzzard had the temerity to return here after all,
he refuses to make the same mistake of letting Condor get away, or yell nothings into the air in fathomless fear, 
so in turn Astraeus in turn promised to threaten with the his own teeth, remembering their own, putrid breath licking his nostrils—

he wanted her head, her heart, and her hubris in its entire, hunt this bête aux yeux rouges forever.

after this thread; lmk if minor marble pp isnt alright! im also ok with this being short
wc: 367
77 Posts
Ooc — mutton
They spotted a dark figure through the thin line of trees. It’s features become more familiar as it approached.

Condor? they believed at first. Man, who would’ve thought they’d find the ol’ neat freak this fast? That’s all well and good, but they were sorta looking for a challenge. This was just too easy.

Wait, wait, no. If ya squint and tilt your head, you could clearly see it wasn’t their little brother, but a pissed off youth. Not just any pissed off youth..

Oh shit it’s Sparky.

He’s grown a bunch since they’d last spoken, and Buzzard didn’t like that one bit. They’d push a pup around any day, but once they got past a certain height they cut that shit off.

Buzzard backed away slowly with an “ohshitohshitohshit-“ smile on their face. I’d love to stay and chat but uhhh- 

Didn’t even finish. They were already making a run for it.