Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,110 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Towhee explained that it was Wraen who hadn't been comfortable with the alliance. He could see how maybe it had sort of accidentally happened until Meerkat went there and did her ambassador stuff. All in all, it sounded a lot like a case of Wraen being too stubborn for any of their goods to Eljay. It was ironic that by not wanting to make them choose, she put herself in that position. It was just like he had told Wraen himself; she had too much feeling of responsibility for her own good.

At least Towhee had tried, then, Eljay thought to himself. He just couldn't bear to think that Wraen would never return to them. I don't think that's fair, he murmured, perhaps a little harder to lip-read on that part. He looked up at Towhee again as he added, I think a true friend shouldn't choose for their closest, either. But he had made that perfectly clear to Wraen as well and right now there was little that he could do about it. Eljay sounded a little hurt about it -- and honestly, he was -- and he wished that he had been more present at the time so that he could've been there to stop Wraen from leaving them. Or, well, it was unlikely that he could've stopped Wraen from leaving, but something should've been possible, right?

I just feel that Wraen should've been -- is more important than the alliance, or friends in other packs. I'm glad you feel the same, at least. So much he gathered from Towhee's words, anyway. It just hurts that she doesn't see it the same way... Or wouldn't let herself be that important, anyway. There was no use in breaking up the alliance with Moonspear, he supposed, if Wraen wasn't coming back no matter what anyway, because she didn't want them to make that decision. And he added, a little exasparated, his conclusion to finally answer Towhee's initial question: I don't think we can make them stay. He'd tried to tell Wraen what he was telling Towhee now, after all, and it hadn't helped at all. She was stubborn as ever.
Messages In This Thread
wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Eljay - November 18, 2020, 02:48 PM
RE: wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Towhee - November 18, 2020, 03:05 PM
RE: wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Eljay - November 18, 2020, 03:56 PM
RE: wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Towhee - November 18, 2020, 04:02 PM
RE: wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Eljay - November 19, 2020, 01:15 PM
RE: wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Towhee - November 19, 2020, 01:35 PM
RE: wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Eljay - November 19, 2020, 01:48 PM
RE: wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Towhee - November 19, 2020, 02:00 PM
RE: wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Eljay - November 19, 2020, 03:57 PM
RE: wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Towhee - November 19, 2020, 07:46 PM
RE: wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Eljay - November 20, 2020, 10:25 AM
RE: wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Towhee - November 21, 2020, 04:01 PM
RE: wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Eljay - November 23, 2020, 03:36 AM
RE: wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Towhee - November 23, 2020, 11:30 AM
RE: wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Eljay - November 24, 2020, 08:02 AM
RE: wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Towhee - November 24, 2020, 11:30 AM
RE: wind in my hair, 'cause I don't care - by Eljay - November 25, 2020, 05:20 AM