Silvertip Mountain what could? nothing
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Private 
base of the mountain set for tomorrow @Wintersbane

Huāzhēn lingered at the base of the slope, finishing up a small ferret meal she'd caught. The festival had (presumably) gone well, but now that celebration was over, the empress couldn't help but think about what lay on the horizon. War. Not her war, maybe, but if Simmik was where they suspected her to be, she doubted they would let this slide for much longer. Kidnapping from Yuèlóng and now Neverwinter- Huā wished to see the Saints try taking from Moonspear. Perhaps she and Mal were not ones who rushed into violence, but the mermaid knew Hydra would never let such a thing slide- and it would only be so long until justice tore Donovan into two. She licked her chops briefly, and took another bite.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
the need to recruit presses heavily upon his shoulders; a burden he does not feel like he should bear any longer as umbra swiftly made her changes during his absence, but remains nevertheless necessary. clearly, the sealord was not cut out for the delicate act of diplomacy or navigating the colorful spectrum of personalities that might be taken into their fold. thus, the tundrian spends more time outside of the bay than he does in it for those purposes; marking the borders with his scent when he is in house, lest the wolves think he's left again.

silvertip looms high above the clouds but he has no interest in climbing it; if wolves were not lingering at it's base he doubts they'd be lingering any higher. his time was valuable and if they wished to meet umbra's deadline, wasn't too be wasted. the scent of the empress precedes her outline, but just. recognition is swift and wintersbane lets out a low chuff to garner her attention.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
A low chuff catches her attention and Huā glances up with a smile, chuffing a hello in return. Wintersbane, Umbra tell me that you are gone. Have you come back, now? She wondered with a tilt of her head. 
rhis is short sorry ill be posting normal soon
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
no worries! <3

the empress returns his greeting, offering that umbra had informed her of his departure. yes, he rasps in return. though things have changed in my absence. many, many things. wintersbane cannot say he is entirely pleased with them but that little nitpicking is neither here nor there. i hear a formal alliance has been formed in my absence. he invites, curious to hear hua's side of it and what, officially, she stood to gain from allying with a hopeful that barely has a foot in the door.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Changed in a way you appreciate? Or do you re-think that it is the place for you? She did not mean to pry... but did so anyway, latching onto his words with a new curiosity. To his other statement, she nods. She visited me and the emperor, Aiolos. We agree together that our combined force will be good to protect the hunting land. Umbra was like a stone, very quiet and strong, but I think we can get along, even with how different she is from a... girlish woman, like myself. Huā laughed with a wagging of her tail, good-humored about making a little fun of herself.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
to hua's questions, wintersbane draws in a deep breath and lets it out in a small exhale. just ...changed. on whether he was happy with the total overhaul of almost everything wasn't something he had an answer for; and since he supposes he stuck around it meant it was irrelevant. regardless, it feels like there's nothing left of it that's mine. and he supposed that was only fair. he'd left to look for his wayward daughter, to bring her home, and umbra, naturally did not strike him as the woman to safeguard the concepts of someone else.

no, she's not like you at all. wintersbane murmurs in agreement that is meant as a compliment to hua. personally, i think umbra would rather greet every potential joiner with the snap of her teeth than consider bringing them into our fold. he says it as a fact, not trying to undermine his co-leader. it is the truth, from what he has witnessed, anyway.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
His answer started out vague, but he continued, explaining that it didn't feel like his anymore. She frowned slightly, and internally still wondered if it was right for him to stay when he seemed... discontent. To his comment about Umbra, Huā laughs a little, but quickly lets her amusement fade in case it would offend for any reason. Indeed. I wanted our protection of the sea lion shore to be of the huntable population from outsiders, but it seems she does not want lone wolves there at all. A friend of mine wanted me to ask her for permission to visit... I wish I could give it by myself. But I know we have to team-work.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
perhaps because wintersbane does not find sea ( or sea/land creatures of any sort ) to be terribly appetizing, he feels no certain way regarding the sealion shore; or if he did it was that it was better left to hua and her wolves and that the bay turn their attention to the sentinels which had ample herds roaming it due to the fact that the territory wasn't totally habitable for wolves ( or at the very least did not pass his severe scrutiny of such ). nevertheless, it is what hua and umbra decided together and there was nothing for him to do but to respect it.

wintersbane's lips press into a terse line as he consider's hua's words; finding the fact that umbra didn't want lone wolves in the hunting territory at all as extreme; if only because he didn't think there was any other way to reach the isle that hua held claim over. to be hostile as such would possibly put a strain on yuelong, especially if they lost numbers. of course, this was merely where wintersbane's mind went. whether he was right or not was anyone's guess.

it is not claimed land, the tundrian gives some voice to his inner thoughts then. and if i am correct, it is the only way to reach your isle, is it not? he inquires, leaving the floor open for correction if he's wrong.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Not claimed, not officially. Only protected. Huā nodded reluctantly, but cracked a small grin at his next comment. Well, anyone can swim, She added in a half-joke, but knew that it wasn't truly an option for most of the land-dwellers. But you are right. It is the best way to reach Yuèlóng. Maybe I will talk to Umbra about this, then? I think we need a better compromise... She felt shy to try and make the rock of a woman move for her will, but simply chasing everyone out did not benefit Yuèlóng as much as it could if they simply monitored.