Broken Antler Fen She hangs her head and cries on my shirt
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,524 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
She guessed that Bronco knew Penn, and thought she'd remembered that they were family, and Ibis's family she was just pretty excited about.  But the second bit of news had been something she'd been itching to spill the entire time, and the reaction she got to it was a little confusing?

She figured Wraen was joking, and smiled, but there was just enough truth to it to make it hang a little awkwardly too.  The Glen was a rival pack, moreso than the caldera.  Maia was more than content to forget that for Bronco's sake, but was Wraen subtly reminding her?

The war bear and dragon continuation soothed her, and her smile got more genuine when she met Wraen's wink.  Okay, so it had been just a joke.

Except that Bronco seemed off after that.  He shut down a little.  Maia was hoping he'd have something to say to her news, maybe a congrats? Maybe it just wasn't that important.  She suddenly felt a little silly, for sharing it like it was and being nervous on top of that.  He didn't care about that, right? And aside from that, he was here to see Wraen.

Speaking of Arcturus, I promised him I'd go hunting with him today, she lied, as though she'd forgotten.  Why don't you two go on without me, huh?  It was... really cool to see you, Bronco.  She gave him one last smile, a little apologetic, but without a trace of the disappointment she felt.  Then she gave Wraen that same apologetic glance and turned.  If they didn't stop her, she'd disappear in the direction of the heart of the fen, off to where she really hoped Arcturus would be so she could catch him.

this is my last post prob! <3
Messages In This Thread
She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by RIP Bronco - December 22, 2020, 09:26 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Maia - December 22, 2020, 09:43 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by RIP Bronco - December 22, 2020, 11:25 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Maia - December 22, 2020, 11:51 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Wraen - December 26, 2020, 04:14 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by RIP Bronco - December 30, 2020, 03:57 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Maia - December 31, 2020, 12:42 AM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Wraen - January 01, 2021, 04:00 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Maia - January 03, 2021, 10:57 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Wraen - January 10, 2021, 11:07 AM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Maia - January 10, 2021, 03:48 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Wraen - January 10, 2021, 04:23 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Wraen - January 12, 2021, 10:21 AM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Wraen - January 13, 2021, 04:16 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Wraen - January 14, 2021, 05:35 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Wraen - January 19, 2021, 04:17 PM