Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,117 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay nodded with a smirk when Wraen said that there was no reining in Fennec. Very true, he agreed. Then, as Wraen mused — seemingly mostly to herself — that she should talk to Fennec again, Eljay reminded himself to tell @Fennec about Wraen's thoughts so that maybe she would feel inspired to visit the Fen (feel free to reference that he did that behind the scenes, Starr).

Wraen asked if he remembered when they'd first met. He looked thoughtful for a moment. Wasn't it at the Copse? He didn't remember in what circumstances, though. Before he could voice his thoughts though, Wraen confirmed that they were wrong and told him they'd met when he had left the Caldera and she was new to the valley. Eljay blinked, trying to think back to that. Was that really when he'd left the Caldera the first time..? It must've been, as that was the only time he had ever left the Caldera. Had he met Wraen then? He didn't remember at all and it showed on his confused face.

I don't remember that at all, Eljay said. Maybe if he would recall some specific details of the meeting he might've remembered and thought — ooooh, was that you! — but as it were all the events of that journey were kind of muddled and he did not remember her at all.

That's pretty funny. I mean, that we didn't meet again until a few years later. Eljay never really stopped to think about time very much, but now that he thought about it, time did go very fast. Very fast in the sense that he was getting older, even though he didn't like to admit that to himself. Yeah, I suppose it is, he agreed thoughtfully. I guess I never really felt old or thought much about age and all that until... Until my mom and dad died. Only then did he realise the greying of their coats that his would undergo not too long from now. When he thought about it, it was around this age, if not even younger, that his mother decided not to travel so much anymore. It was strange to think about. He didn't feel like he was old at all, but when he thought about it, well, he supposed he was definitely getting up there. Do you? I mean, ever feel like you're getting old?
Messages In This Thread
time after time - by Eljay - February 25, 2021, 08:20 AM
RE: time after time - by Wraen - February 26, 2021, 03:49 PM
RE: time after time - by Eljay - February 28, 2021, 04:58 AM
RE: time after time - by Wraen - February 28, 2021, 02:52 PM
RE: time after time - by Eljay - February 28, 2021, 04:58 PM
RE: time after time - by Wraen - March 01, 2021, 05:23 AM
RE: time after time - by Eljay - March 02, 2021, 04:33 AM
RE: time after time - by Wraen - March 03, 2021, 03:45 AM
RE: time after time - by Eljay - March 03, 2021, 04:08 AM
RE: time after time - by Wraen - March 04, 2021, 04:36 AM
RE: time after time - by Eljay - March 04, 2021, 10:47 AM