Redhawk Caldera Follow your heart, little child of the west wind.
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Rue grinned as Towhee recognized her teasing, ceremoniously imitating the sound of flatulence. The grin felt odd on her face, stretching some very underutilized muscles-- smaller, subdued smiles were much more common to Rue.

Thankfully, Towhee would not draw out Rue's suffering. She bestowed the title immediately. 

"Thanks, Ms Sovereign," she sighed out, more than a little relieved that she would be spared the grilling process. Admitting her desire for the position aloud had been bad enough. Hamstrung by her own humility, Rue wasn't sure she had it in her to engage in whatever self-promotion may have been necessary if she "were anybody else." 

"There is one condition," Rue noted, a bit hesitant. Towhee probably thought she was about to bring up the pups thing again, but that would have to be a conversation for next year. Rue's time had already passed for this season. 

"..If you decide to promote another Regent, in addition to me.. then I'd like my own position to be interim. I'll only stand in as Regent until Phox returns." Rue swallowed. "When Phox comes back, if he'll take the position back, I just.. couldn't imagine leading while he is a subordinate." Rue's brow creased in concern. She was worried that Towhee might argue with this request, but this was ground upon which Rue would stand firm. 

This had actually been the driving force that spurred Rue to overcome her own humility and reached out to ask for the position. She could not expect that anyone else who was granted the Regent title would return it once Phox was back, and nor should they have to, but for Rue.. @Phox was her leader, just as Towhee was her leader. The idea of living in a situation where the roles were reversed was more than just uncomfortable-- it was abhorrent.

Ruenna experiences chronic lower back pain as a result of an accident from over a year ago. She moves with a very obvious, heavy limp.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Follow your heart, little child of the west wind. - by Ruenna - May 27, 2021, 08:57 AM