Dragoncrest Cliffs This ship was built to last
Ghost
backwater peon
627 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
They seemed pleased for him. Rosalyn less so, which was a surprise that still did not sit well with Reyes; but he could not do anything about that now, he thought. It stung to see the strained look upon his mother's face all the same.

Erzulie's attempt to smooth things over with her light-heartedness was appreciated. Good to know that they were on stronger terms with the Redhawks, too. Had he come here only to face anger and antagonism for his choices, Reyes would have deeply regretted it.

As for staying — If you'll have me. I can stay a day, or maybe two. I told Towhee I would not be long.

He had hoped to spare himself the heartache of seeing them again only to leave, but it was also clear now there was no avoiding such a feeling. He longed for their old home together and the chance to see his sisters. This was not home to Reyes, though. This was a place that they had built without him, much like his relationship with Towhee and the family that came from that.

I do want to ask... If it is agreeable to both of you, if.. you would like to meet the children. Sometime. They are still young so, in the coming months, if they can make the trip...? That had been the goal of this venture after all. Reyes couldn't quite draw his eyes back to Rosalyn, unsure if he could handle the tension that lingered between them right now.
Messages In This Thread
This ship was built to last - by Reyes (Ghost) - May 26, 2021, 10:37 AM
RE: This ship was built to last - by Rosalyn - May 26, 2021, 11:31 AM
RE: This ship was built to last - by Erzulie - May 26, 2021, 01:00 PM
RE: This ship was built to last - by Reyes (Ghost) - May 26, 2021, 11:18 PM
RE: This ship was built to last - by Rosalyn - June 02, 2021, 01:59 AM
RE: This ship was built to last - by Erzulie - June 03, 2021, 08:52 PM
RE: This ship was built to last - by Reyes (Ghost) - June 03, 2021, 09:21 PM
RE: This ship was built to last - by Rosalyn - June 06, 2021, 02:44 AM
RE: This ship was built to last - by Erzulie - June 07, 2021, 07:54 PM
RE: This ship was built to last - by Reyes (Ghost) - June 08, 2021, 11:48 AM
RE: This ship was built to last - by Rosalyn - June 10, 2021, 01:30 PM