Stavanger Bay crabs taste better when they can't grab you
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
"Good answer."  The stranger offers another judgement, albeit a favorable one this time. She approached Lane with a smile, along with an explanation. "It was out of concern mainly, promise." 

Wasn't that always the excuse that was given, when one overstepped wildly in their remarks or advice? Nevertheless, Lane gave a short wag of her tail and a muted smile, signaling that she meant to overlook whatever rudeness had or hadn't been intended. 

"You've got a deal," she returned, curiosity sparking in her expression at the mention of a crab. God, she hoped it was food. 

Although the woman was barely finished apologizing for her first, she fired off another probing question. "You on your own out here?"

"Not anymore," Lane pointed out, lifting an eyebrow in amusement as, yet again, she dodged the question with a clever response. 

She supposed she would answer this one for real, though. 

"I'm on my way home, to my pack, Duskfire Glacier. It's in the taiga. I'm hoping that if I follow the shoreline north, I can get myself around those mountains." Perhaps that would sate the woman's curiosity, and they could get back to the crab thing...
Messages In This Thread
RE: crabs taste better when they can't grab you - by Lane - June 04, 2021, 08:04 AM