Noctisardor Bypass i will hold this house up with my own two hands
ᴀ ᴠᴀʟʟᴜᴍ ᴏғ ғᴀɪʀʏ ᴛᴀʟᴇs
sᴍᴀsʜᴇᴅ ɪɴᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴛʏ
248 Posts
Ooc — daphne
Away
im so sorry kdsak we can finish this up in a few replies & have a fresh one soon?!

especially you mustn't tell eepa,” she told the bairn presently fixed with an austere look. who the hell even was eepa.

her tail waved good-naturedly, face softening into something more placating in manner -- that it might soothe the child that she was not truly unsafe.  

“all right. c’mere, and listen close,” phaedra slung a leg over skaigona, intending to scoot her nearer, persuading the girl’s attention to the stump-water by making ripples unfurl 'neath the pat of her paw.

this is a wishing well, she whispered, withdrawing her paw to perch it on the stump brim. “spirits live in the water. they created it. and such spirits particularly like to intervene in the lives of any creature — even you and i! — living near them. sending floods that drown, draughts that parch. y'know, stuff like that.

it’s said that if you drop a valuable token in the wishing well, one like this, it appeases the spirits and puts you in their good graces for a time. sparing you the flood and the draught and the loss.

and, between you and me ...  sometimes, if they are feeling especially kind, and the token is especially valuable … they will even grant you a wish.” 

phaedra’s voice ebbed into reverential silence. what would the little hare think of her extempore fairytale? the elder girl gave her but moments to process it, when, as if suddenly remembering something of import, phaedra started glanced here and there, casual like -- turned hastily into alarmed searching. 

“my token! it’s gone!” she lamented, agasp. 

sniffing the air overhead the small girl, the vierte slowly trailed down until her nostrils flared and blew and sought to ticklishly snuffle the tender rolls of skaigona’s neck. “was it you, little magician? hmm? did you steal my token!?”
Messages In This Thread
RE: i will hold this house up with my own two hands - by Phaedra - September 16, 2021, 05:41 AM
RE: i will hold this house up with my own two hands - by Heda - September 27, 2021, 04:20 PM