Noctisardor Bypass i will hold this house up with my own two hands
ᴀ ᴠᴀʟʟᴜᴍ ᴏғ ғᴀɪʀʏ ᴛᴀʟᴇs
sᴍᴀsʜᴇᴅ ɪɴᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴛʏ
248 Posts
Ooc — daphne
Away
dont mind me getting carried away~  pls she's so cute i can't decide on a good place to end. take whatever liberties u need to w/ phaedra if ur ready to archive!

her gaze danced languorously for a moment longer — allowing, of course, time for the delight of skaigona’s frantic volunteering — before landing on the child's face. phaedra's own expression was epiphany-warm and mischief-creased. 

“i can’t very well leave you behind now, can i?” she said, scooting along the well as skaigona marched up to give the spirits what for -- no doubt packaged in the fearsome wrappers of toddlerdom.

she could feel the smaller girl's energy extend to her in yearning for approval and phaedra gave it to her thus, shouting at the water: "you heard her!" and then, "spit it out, ya no-good-thievin'-wassergeists!"

after no short bout of productive hostile scowling at their mirror images, the vierte rocked back on her haunches and gently encouraged her ward away from the water's lip with a paw-pat on the ground. "well, they speak burble, but i can translate i think. ah-ha-hem," she closed her eyes, plucking at her woefully goosefleshed imagination for inspiration. 

"'stop shouting! we are trying to sleep and do not have your blasted token! should you wake us again, not even the shiniest, richest, best of things will grant your wish! ever!'" phaedra yammered in a deep voice, for she could only conjure male voices for those with proclamations so grumpy and severe.

her eyes opened and widened at skaigona as if to say, yeesh, talk about rude, amirite?

"perhaps we let them sleep," she conceded with a whisper, for she would hate ever so much for a girl as young as her charge to be cheated out of a lifetime of wishes only on account of some otherworldly beings' grievance nursed by herself.

casting a look around, she let skaigona's question lapse without answer briefly. for heaven's sake, where was this kid's mother? her custodian, at least? phaedra was shocked she was not yet reduced to being a unicellular organism after a few heartbeats, let alone minutes alone with the babe.

she supposed papa stood vigil somewhere in the lengthening shadows, father to all he was. 

clearing her throat, she returned her attention downward and said, “where indeed...” having decided they would only compass the little streamcut glade so as to keep the peace with whoever’s sprog this was. 

her white toes pointed in the direction of the stream burbling a few yards away, eyes otherwise searching.

“what if we find them a smooth, pretty rock? where would we find one of those?"
Messages In This Thread
RE: i will hold this house up with my own two hands - by Heda - September 27, 2021, 04:20 PM
RE: i will hold this house up with my own two hands - by Phaedra - October 23, 2021, 07:57 PM