Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,114 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay nodded when Maia said that they didn't deserve this. Everything about this situation was inherently unfair, and Eljay wished that he could give them back their mother rather than give them an alternative they didn't really want right now. He hoped though that at least they could help them grow into happy adults. It hurt now, but the wound was still fresh.

Softly he responded to Maia's uncertain I don't know what to do to help, You could let them be angry. He smiled wryly, knowing that it was hard, because their every instinct wanted to fix this for the children. He remembered well how angry and aloof Elfie had been about it all and how he hadn't handled it well at all. They couldn't provide a magic fix... All they could do was accept that their feelings were here and that they wouldn't go away any time soon, and try to deal with it as best they could. Eljay added with a frown, I'm worried about Sylvie and Hymnal, how it might impact them... But we'll just have to deal with that as it comes, too. I don't think either of us wants to abandon Jasmine, Diantha and Roswell right now, so we'll deal, somehow. Eljay felt guilty admitting this, because he didn't want to put his own children first, above the other three; but a part of him did think, will it be worth it if it hurts Sylvie and Hymnal in the process? But he quickly quelled it, thinking it was no use to worry about such things when he was certain that he wouldn't abandon the other three. They deserved a loving home, and he would provide them with one.

Eljay smiled when Maia said that she thought she could do it. He nuzzled her cheek lovingly and affirmed, We can do it. It was so much easier having to go through all of this knowing that they had each other, at least, and in some weird way all of the struggle around them brought them even closer together.
Messages In This Thread
I could fight forever, but life's too short - by Maia - June 25, 2021, 08:20 AM
RE: I could fight forever, but life's too short - by Eljay - July 02, 2021, 02:32 AM