Whitefish River give me something, it ain't enough
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
All Welcome 
tags for reference! AW!

She had first told @Kigipigak of where she planned to go. Just a quick trip along the river that sprawled beyond the plateau. A soft hint that she might be at their place when she returned, if he wanted to meet there later.

Then she made sure to inform her mother, @Maegi , that this trip would not be as long as the others. A quick venture along the river. Hopeful that she might bring back something good for the group. Food, faces, anything worthwhile.

It was dire to keep everyone on the same page if she truly intended to tie them all together.

She remembered how Dragonfly had called it a pack. At the time it had not been such, and still wasn't, but she hoped soon it might hold such a title.

Her head swam with it all as she waded into a calm pool she had found along the river. Fish, she thought, would be perfect. If only her experience with such a hunting tactic was not so drastically limited.
18 Posts
Ooc —
The sound of grass, dirt, water. All of it was quite peaceful, having been chased out of territory after territory. A river flowed south, a possible hunting spot? Possibly. 

Apisi was not one for making noise in any sense and he had no set journey at any given time. A nomad travelling on the wind. 

As he approached the river, he saw something moving along the riverbed. Red, small. 

He froze, hesitating to make any sudden movements as to not attract attention. He decided against not moving as the figure seemed to approach, although it might've been his sight acting up. Wading into the water felt refreshing but the creeping paranoia of being spotted caused his muscles to tense. 

The silent loner kept his eyes trained on the distant figure, waiting and watching.
Just here to have fun. 
PM for one on one roleplays and always let me know if I can do something better. :)
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
She spotted him when her mind came back to her.

He stood a distance away. Respectful, she thought.

Hello, She called out. Soft in tone but loud enough to be heard. Hadn’t she hoped to find something good on this encounter? She could not help but wonder if this man needed somewhere to stay. . .

She needed to start smaller. To see what he was like before anything else.
18 Posts
Ooc —
His body tensed as he heard the figure call out. What was it that they wanted? Apisi had had more than his fair share of bad dealings in other's territories while simply trying to go about his business. 

He decided against being cold toward the woman and softly called back, "Hello." 

His voice was deep yet higher in pitch to be more welcoming, he bent his head down to drink some water nervously as he awaited a reply or something of the sort. 

A small bass got caught in his sights, causing him to lose focus of the female wolf in the ever-closing distance. He ducked his head under the water and clamped down quickly on the flighty bass. Apisi threw his head out of the water in triumph, the bass twitching slightly. 
Just here to have fun. 
PM for one on one roleplays and always let me know if I can do something better. :)
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
"Hello,"

Returned to her all the same before he went back on with his own business.

She watched as he worked. Dunked down into the water and — oh! He resurfaced with a fish between his jaws.

It was impressive. Much different than the standard hunting she was used to. Which made her wonder —

Could you teach me that?
18 Posts
Ooc —
He waded out of the water and dug a small hole to put his catch in before shifting his attention once again to the female. 

She was asking to be taught how to hunt fish? Interesting. Nodding, he carefully approached the woman to be a bit closer. He didn't like projecting his voice. 

"You have to wait for the fish to come to you. Stand as still as possible and they'll think of you as a rock or tree that has accidentally grown in the water. I watched bears do it much the same way." 
Just here to have fun. 
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
This man watched bears!

She could not imagine doing such. Especially if it was in a spot where they intended to hunt. She was not sure of if she should think of him as brave or crazy.

Regardless, she followed his instructions. Still in the water. Waited for another fish to come by. One that seemed promising.

She ducked down to snatch it up, only to be met with it beating her speed and being flicked in the cheek with its tail.

This would take some practice.

Perhaps she should watch him more first.
18 Posts
Ooc —
A small chuckle escaped Apisi's maw as he watched a fish gently slap the woman's cheek. 

It's not every day that he tries to teach a complete stranger his ways of hunting and he certainly had never witnessed a fish slap a wolf in the face. 

"Here, let me..", he said as he dunked his head underneath the water as another simple-minded fish swam between them. Swiveling his head with jaws open, he clamped down right where the gills were. 

Breaching the surface of the water, he bit down forcefully and the fish went limp.
Just here to have fun.