Redhawk Caldera Magic is costly. You take what you didn't earn, but you pay for it.
Ghost
backwater peon
627 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Something shifted across Towhee's face that Reyes could not read. He wondered if he'd make her laugh with his little quip, but, that would require a sense of humor and the woman admitted in the next breath - in different but effective terms - that she wouldn't ever laugh with him again. It was all business with Towhee.

The way she so coldly denounced their relationship as deceased was pretty harsh. The man did not know what he expected when he came here, but that was like a punch to the gut. Towhee wasted no time in seeking his answer.

I promised I wouldn't abandon them. He answered, which, wasn't really an answer to her question but Reyes wanted some control of the conversation. It wasn't so cut and dry as a yes or a no given the fine print.

I have a counter-offer. He went on to say, but then stopped.

It was Towhee's prerogative to listen or to shut him out and given how she'd reacted during the incident, Reyes expected her to shut off as soon as he said anything beyond what she required of him; he would keep her here as long as he had to, make sure she listened for a change.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Magic is costly. You take what you didn't earn, but you pay for it. - by Reyes (Ghost) - August 11, 2021, 02:54 PM