Duskfire Glacier We'll see creation come undone
10 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
At the borders, Asphodel sent up a call, and stood back to consider what lies she might tell to earn herself a place here. She only needed one or two, perhaps three if pressed, but they had to be good lies.

The first rule of creating a new identity: always base it in the truth.

I dispersed from my family pack last winter, she recited in her head. I followed a herd for awhile, hunted its members when I had company. But then... Then what?

Then something happened. No, that would never work.

Then an injury forced me to settle for awhile. It's healed now, but I can't move like I used to. I can track, though.

Maybe she could turn it into something of worth when the time came to speak the words. She needed this; she needed a foot in the door, or she'd never survive.
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The voice of a stranger sounded upon their borders and the large northern wolf carried himself there as swiftly as his paws would allow.

As Issorartuyok approached the figure, he noted her unique coloring, the softness of her pelt accompanied by touches of autumn oranges. She was fair and lovely to look at, but the large male did not want to offend her, did not want to drive her from their village before she had met its people.

The drama with the young girl Makatza still hung in his mind as the northerner approached and nodded his head in greeting. Hello, I am Issorartuyok… a village leader here. How might I help you? the man offered her in a deep voice; warmth glowed from his simple smile and earthy gaze. It would be pleasant to add another member to their people. It would be just what the glacier needed.
10 Posts
Ooc —
Tall, dark, and handsome answered the door, and Asphodel was not impressed. But hey, maybe he'd be too stupid or white knight-y to question her too much? I'm Asphodel. I'm uh, I'm looking to join a pack, That didn't sound anything like what she'd planned to say. Ugh. Okay, okay... I used to follow herds and hunt with groups I encountered, but I was injured a few months back and can't keep up with constant travel anymore. I can pull my weight and I know how to cooperate with others. I like to think I'm a pretty good tracker, too.

That sounded better. But was it good enough to get her in? Asphodel shifted around on her paws in a display of nerves, suddenly feeling irritated with Mr. Tall Dark and Handsome for no particular reason — other than the fact that he was a man, and she did not want to deal with any of those right now.
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The unfamiliar woman spoke of her intentions. She stated that she was a skilled hunter and a capable tracker. Issorartuyok already nodded his head in pleased confirmation. The woman stated that she had been injured and that her travels were better suited in a smaller space. All of these things were agreeable.

Winter loomed over them. With it, the scattering and migration of herds. It would be good to have a talented hunter in their fold. The northern man only wished to be certain that she would suit their culture and would feel comforted by the closeness of the village. The wolves of the glacier were good, and they were knit tightly together. It made them strong. Would this hunter seek to integrate herself?

We have a need for talented hunters and trackers. The snows will make hunting more challenging soon.

The man held a thoughtful expression.

Asphodel, the glacier is a close group of people. We rely on each other and trust each other. Is this something you will seek to do in your time here? If you believe you will find a path for your skills in our ranks, I will be pleased to have you – we all will.
10 Posts
Ooc —
Yep. White knight. Asphodel smiled, relieved and pleased by her luck. That sounds perfect, yes, She assured him, every word a lie. Fuck that "friendship is magic" noise. But if it would get her in with this pack, she'd pretend and make friendly noises all day. I would be pleased to join you. Hopefully those words were pretty enough for Mr. White Knight over here, who would probably fall on his own sword and die if it seemed like the lawful good thing to do. At least, that was the impression Asphodel got. Those sorts of idiots were useful.
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The man would not be so easy to escape.

Issorartuyok bowed his head and stepped aside so that she could find an entrance to the glacier. He stood waiting, expectant. The northerner would want to know Asphodel on a deeper level now that she had been permitted inside the village. It would do well for him to learn the members, to know their stories and be able to lead them with the honor he carried in his heart.

Come, I will show you the lands and you will teach me about yourself, Issorartuyok spoke to her with a warm smile and a light nod of his head. The glacier was a big territory that had many places to explore. It would easily fill a large portion of time and allow him to speak with her.
10 Posts
Ooc —
Oh god. Oh no. Oh fuck. Asphodel nodded, doing her best to hide the fact that she would rather be doing literally anything else right now. Thank you, She said as she stepped past him, unsure if that was the right thing to say and somewhat beyond caring at this point. Apparently getting in wasn't the end of it. She considered just booking it then and there, but she really needed this. She was sick of being cold and hungry. There's not much to tell about me, but I'll answer any questions you have.
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Asphodel moved alongside him as they stepped into the glacier territory. She seemed to think that there would not be much she could share, but he was welcome to inquire. Issorartuyok regarded her with a small smile, dark brown eyes searching her features.

Tell me about where you come from. I am a man of the northern snows, and it is very much all I have known for most of my life. I enjoy hearing of travelers. Where have you come from? What was it like?

They moved into the glacier, and he cut a path that was familiar to him, one that would allow her to see most of the territory while highlighting some of its most impressive landmarks. The pace was an easy one, one for talking and showing.