Noctisardor Bypass If I send this void away
352 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
The stranger wouldn't stop watching her. Indra kept herself as close to her mother that was possible, but even when Laurel moved to comfort her she wasn't fully paying attention. She watched the stranger back for a few seconds before averting her eyes; less so because she might respect them, and more because she was afraid. Nobody had come to visit Laurel throughout Indra's entire existence except, sometimes, the man with the medicine. The girl had no idea how a pack was supposed to work. So far as she was concerned, her whole life was her mother and that was it.

Mother appeared to know this other woman, though. Laurel called her Wylla (and truthfully Indra thought her name was pretty, perhaps because it was new and different), and for some reason mother was being especially nice to her. Usually when someone new came upon Indra or her brother, mother would be there to keep them safe or to send them away. Not this time, which was peculiar.

Indra looked from woman to woman while Laurel put on a show of kindness. Smiled unnaturally. Spoke with a tone in her voice that Indra couldn't place, but it wasn't one she recognized. How could this Wylla person command such a change in her mother? Indra did not know what it was she saw between them, if there really was anything amiss, but the awkwardness of encountering another person was enough to make her shy away.

She wanted to go home.
Messages In This Thread
If I send this void away - by Wylla - January 07, 2022, 11:08 PM
RE: If I send this void away - by Laurel - January 11, 2022, 09:27 AM
RE: If I send this void away - by Redbird - January 14, 2022, 05:12 PM
RE: If I send this void away - by Wylla - January 21, 2022, 12:00 PM
RE: If I send this void away - by Laurel - January 25, 2022, 05:19 AM
RE: If I send this void away - by Redbird - January 25, 2022, 03:10 PM
RE: If I send this void away - by Wylla - February 26, 2022, 04:53 PM
RE: If I send this void away - by Laurel - March 01, 2022, 05:23 AM
RE: If I send this void away - by Redbird - March 02, 2022, 12:19 PM
RE: If I send this void away - by Wylla - March 02, 2022, 10:17 PM