The Tangle [M] And roar beside the lions thinking how is it so easy
600 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
He didn't assume that she would want him to stay, but a part of him felt like even if she had to leave, he'd linger in the area. Ashlar felt guilty again to be thinking like that, but he was not a bad friend if he only stayed for a few days more. He would be home before anyone needed him and after that, well. He was not sure and did not bother to think of it.

Every time she sang, Ashlar was captured by it. He still did not know why she chose to sing instead of speak but it seemed like a natural choice. She had a voice and a way with rhyme that it would be a shame not to put on display.

Miss me? He was shy again, silenced by the pleasure that burbled in him at that tiny phrase. It was such a simple thing but it said so much. He'd grown so used to running with those who did not voice such things.

If they don't, I'll just explain
that it wasn't you who was to blame.
I just couldn't bring myself to go
when there's so much still I need to know.

Like how you captured and tamed the sun,
And from it, somehow shaped and spun,
A voice, and a you, so perfect and warm,
that could pierce through the clouds of any storm.

He hoped that this wasn't too much, and his cheeks were hot as he quietly sang the second verse. Ashlar couldn't go so far as to say this was a love song - he barely knew what that meant, and knew he barely knew her. But she was kind, and caring, and she had shared this with him. Even if she could not steal him, he knew he would carry this experience always.
Messages In This Thread
RE: [M] And roar beside the lions thinking how is it so easy - by Ashlar - April 25, 2022, 07:13 PM