Wapun Meadow the smell of home, like sour peaches and linen
355 Posts
Ooc — hela
He didn't answer her, which was frustrating. She wondered why he never felt he could trust her enough with his vulnerabilities. She was loyal to him before even the bear. It was not something she could figure out today, nor was she ready to put those fears into words. 

He had at least managed to make eye contact with her, but she instantly wished he hadn't; the sadness in his eyes made her feel like she couldn't breathe, it pushed at her control and brought the bruin-heart closer to tears. It was frustrating how easily her tears came lately. 

The bruin-jaw's question didn't need to be finished for her to know what he was asking. Was she pregnant; it was the huge crater between them right now. She wished she had an answer for him. More than that, she wished she could tell him no. Things might go back to normal then, at least their normal. She didn't want any of this. I don't know, she finally offered, shaking her head. It's a little too soon to know for sure. She swallowed and looked away. I have been tired, more than normal, but I have also been busy. She wasn't going to keep things from him, now matter how much she wanted to. What she really wanted was someone to help her through the confusion and uncertainty—she wanted him to be on her side. But instead, there was space between them that somehow felt worse than not knowing if she was pregnant.
Messages In This Thread
RE: the smell of home, like sour peaches and linen - by Arielle - April 29, 2022, 05:17 PM