Cerulean Cape άλας
20 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
rhaenyra stood at the edge of the world, tall and beautiful and wild against the horizon. seawater lapped at dainty silver paws, while foxfire danced in the air above the rippling waves. she closed her eyes and took in the joy of this reunion. her brother had tried so very hard to part her from her beloved sea forever. he had failed.

«η θάλασσα είναι το σπίτι μου,» she murmured to @Bartholomew. perhaps he had picked up enough through her frequent lessons to understand by now. rhaenyra, for her part, had learned only a little of his language. her speech was halting and thickly accented whenever she utilized this knowledge. «the sea... is place mine.»
486 Posts
Ooc —
Missionary
i'm...gonna kind of handwave how much of her language he can understand/speak for discussion/plot sake <3 pls let me know if that's not okay

he knew enough, he knew more than he wished to know. the lull of her tongue was like a second coat now. unnecessary in the spring, but carried all the same.

and perhaps he felt less guilt about his transgressions when they spoke a tongue that he had not been born with.

as if he could hide from the eyes of God by using another language. foolish.

she spoke his own and he found himself skittish of the sound of it alone. what kind of man had he become?

υπάρχει ένα νησί, he gestured out towards where he had been once before. he had done a giant loop in the wilds and all of it had been for nothing.

he was tired of nothing.

θέλω,
20 Posts
Ooc —
that's fine by me <3
he had become proficient; enough to have a conversation. he was intelligent, for a peasant. intrigued by his announcement, rhaenyra peered out at sea in search of the island he indicated. it was a mere smudge in the distance.
«τότε θα πάμε εκεί το πρωί. είναι όμορφο αυτό το νησί;» she inquired, curious as to why he sought the island.