Silverlight Terrace Go With The Flow... Wind
Loner
183 Posts
Ooc — Raven
@Callyope

Having climbed Moonspear's peak from its West Side, coming down its northern side seemed a lot less challenging. Perhaps it was the fact that Paeon was making her way down the mountain instead of up it, but more than likely it was the much shorter distance she had to travel. She was thankful the male Rodyn made her aware of it. Every step down seems to be on a different shade of rock as the natural strata of the mountain followed Paeon down. After maneuvering the lower slopes she emerged into the Silverlight Terrace.

As she officially completed her descent of the mountain she was rewarded with a lush grassland. The earth and grass felt like a gushy pillow of moss under her paws in comparison to the harsh rocks of Moonspear. A breeze came through and combed over the grass causing it to lean in the direction of the wind. The grass seemed to be pointing her in a particular direction Paeon thought,  and so she took a leisurely stroll Northward taking in the earth under her feet with each step and the wind in her pelt.
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
She knew why she returned.

She thought of Dying Sun more often than she cared to admit. It was easier to let her mind think of him, instead of the many faces that had slipped away lately.

But now she too slipped from Moonglow. Often and increasing. The terrace was close, silent, a shimmering spot of peace in her whirlwind emotions. Although it seemed she was not alone.

But neither was this Dying Sun.

Her heart hung heavy, but she approached all the same. A warm sound of greeting in her throat before she spoke any words.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Loner
183 Posts
Ooc — Raven
As she followed the wind she spent a period with her eyes closed. Humming and continuing her stroll through the grass led by the wind. When she opened her eyes again she saw a light-colored wolf in the distance. Destiny, Paeon thought to herself. Her stroll turned into a trot as she approached. As she did she began to see that this wolf had accents of ginger on her snout and ears, and was rather small.

Now a few paces apart she could smell that this new wolf was female and could see that she was on the younger side of things and not yet fully grown. From her appearance, she looked friendly although she did not utter the first words of their exchange. Perhaps she needed help with something or would offer a quest of some kind, Paeon's adventurous brain thought.

With a gentle sway of her tail, Paeon greeted the girl with a simple "Hello there."
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
so very sorry about such a long wait
Hello.

She hummed hushed but warm. This was a woman, women tended to be good. Village women. This one smelled of nothing but the wilds, the land around them.

Are you a hunter?

Her head tilted, as her weight shifted between her paws. It was the only reason she could think of, for wandering and roaming by ones self.

Or perhaps they communed with spirits, far from crowds and villages.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Loner
183 Posts
Ooc — Raven
All good :)
This young female jumped into a question and asked if Paeon was a hunter. "I suppose we all are... but I don't think that's what you are asking. Are you hungry? Would you like me to help you get some food or something?" Paeon asked in return. Nearly all moved hunted in some capacity though some more than others.
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
O-oh.

She felt embarrassed for a moment.

Hunters in my village travel. You travel?

That was what she wondered. Why the woman moved alone through lands Callyope knew with familiarity.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Loner
183 Posts
Ooc — Raven
"Oh. I see what you mean... Well sorta. I wouldn't say I'm a hunter by trade. I'm sorta looking for something" Paeon explained. It was hard to explain to someone that you were looking for a purpose. Especially without sounding pretty lame, so Paeon left the specifics to herself for the time being.

"What about you?" she asked.
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
I am always looking.

This spoken with humor, hoping to edge away the usual awkwardness Callyope found herself with. Outsiders were always different.

What do you look for?

"inuktitut" || "common"
Loner
183 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Sorry for the delay. IRL problems all month

A broad answer followed by a question reversal. She thought for a moment, tapping her paw on the ground. "I'm not really sure. I think I'll know it when I find it though... if that makes any sense" she responded light-heartedly.

"How far away is your village? Are you a traveler yourself?"
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
Some things found are not...here. Her eyes wrinkled with a smile. Knowing that perhaps the girl was on a journey of spirit, rather than body.

My village is there. I never travel far. Her tail wiggled softly as she looked towards the spin. Maybe visit sometime?

"inuktitut" || "common"
Loner
183 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Her words sounded friendly and coupled with a smile Paeon was sure the girl was trying to say something nice, although Paeon couldn't quite comprehend the true meaning. The words alone sounded almost as though the girl suggested that Paeon may never find what she was searching for. That what she sought out would not be found out here, but given the reaction that couldn't be right.

She followed the girl's glance to a series of small mountains which she called her village. The direction was similar to the direction Rodyn alluded to. "Is that Moonglow? Do you know Rodyn? I ran into him just the other day?" she asked trying to connect the dots and quickly getting sidetracked as she missed the girl's question.