Redhawk Caldera Wanna try to paint the world in a new way
Brecheliant
Family
802 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Bridget’s heart had to grow three or four sizes when Sorana said she loved her and leaned in. If she ever wondered if she’d be unhappy with her decision not to have a family, this cinched it. There was no way she would ever love a kid of her own more than she cared about Teya’s daughter. And Bridget knew she’d feel the same for any future kids too.

There’s a trick to it. The medic looked at her niece a moment, then nodded. I’ll tell you the secret, but don’t spread it around, okay? She smiled, but it actually was a bit of a secret. She wouldn’t talk about this with just anyone. She trusted Sorana entirely.

More often than not, I’m not sure about anything. You don’t have to be certain about what you want or even what you need. Because I’m not sure I know that answer for myself yet. She laughed a bit as she said that, knowing it might sound ridiculous. When she was younger she’d assumed anyone older than a year had everything entirely sorted out. Now it was easy to see that even her own parents probably felt lost sometimes.

The important thing is knowing what you deserve. That’s the trick, and the only thing you should be sure about. You deserve to be happy, to have others treat you well. And if that isn’t happening, you deserve to know why. To fix it, if you can.

Bridget paused for a second, then got a little more serious. Maybe there was one other important lesson here, if Sorana could understand it. No one is perfect. Everyone has their own problems, and understanding that makes everything easier. Their problems aren’t your responsibility, but sometimes, helping them can help you too.
Messages In This Thread
Wanna try to paint the world in a new way - by Bridget - October 27, 2022, 03:35 PM
RE: Wanna try to paint the world in a new way - by Sorana - November 04, 2022, 11:18 PM
RE: Wanna try to paint the world in a new way - by Bridget - November 04, 2022, 11:32 PM
RE: Wanna try to paint the world in a new way - by Sorana - November 05, 2022, 05:53 PM
RE: Wanna try to paint the world in a new way - by Bridget - November 05, 2022, 09:03 PM
RE: Wanna try to paint the world in a new way - by Sorana - November 05, 2022, 10:22 PM
RE: Wanna try to paint the world in a new way - by Bridget - November 05, 2022, 10:38 PM
RE: Wanna try to paint the world in a new way - by Sorana - November 07, 2022, 11:03 AM
RE: Wanna try to paint the world in a new way - by Bridget - November 07, 2022, 12:17 PM
RE: Wanna try to paint the world in a new way - by Sorana - November 11, 2022, 02:24 PM
RE: Wanna try to paint the world in a new way - by Bridget - November 12, 2022, 01:42 PM
RE: Wanna try to paint the world in a new way - by Sorana - November 24, 2022, 12:55 AM
RE: Wanna try to paint the world in a new way - by Bridget - November 25, 2022, 12:33 PM
RE: Wanna try to paint the world in a new way - by Sorana - December 21, 2022, 11:25 PM
RE: Wanna try to paint the world in a new way - by Bridget - December 23, 2022, 01:51 PM
RE: Wanna try to paint the world in a new way - by Sorana - January 26, 2023, 11:44 PM