Chimera Fields Everything is colorful, it's vivid now, it's wonderful.
36 Posts
Ooc — Cryptid
All Welcome 
SEASHELL #2

That night, Willow found himself surrounded by the endless fields of a place he had never been before. It was quiet, unlike the bustle of the forest in the daylight, and it felt eerie at first — dark, ominous, lonely — and he figured he would not sleep much. The scent that had plagued him earlier in the week had dissipated and gone by now, and he felt less of the ants-in-his-skin feeling than before. A good sleep would help him immensely, and at least now he wasn't so paranoid about it.
His eyes were getting heavy; the longer he kept them open the more he wanted to drift off, and he should have let himself. As he closed his eyes, there was a flash overhead — and he thought he'd imagined it, but he still opened his eyes wide again to stare up at the stars.
That was when he saw one, then two, and more and more — they were falling!
What is this? he sighed in awe, watching as streaks of light flit across the night sky.

Note: Feel free to misidentify Willow's gender! He identifies as male but is only open about it with select family.

Moontide
Beta*
729 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph had wandered farther afield than originally intended the long summer days always promising more time than they contained, but she could not say she was sorry for it as the night sky stretched above her and she felt all the wonder of wandering beneath the stars. The air in her lungs felt surprisingly cool and she enjoyed the stretch of her legs. She almost missed the motion of the stars but when she saw it shooting across the sky the movement caught her gaze and she let out a breath.

Losing track of her surroundings she was a bit surprised to find another wolf nearby also having caught sight of the nightly heavens. "Quite a sight." Her tone was affable in greeting, a wink added to the greeting that made it as much of a suggestion as a response, but she did indeed glance once more up, surprised. She wished Samani were there, she felt the other she-wolf would much enjoy it, although maybe she was seeing the same thing from her own vantage point.
36 Posts
Ooc — Cryptid
He was fixated on the sky, and with the darkness all around him Willow did not immediately notice the mottled dark wolf that came creeping close. When they spoke, he was startled; his hackles went up briefly, and his eyes darted down to earth in time to see the smiling face and that little wink.
Willow was struck by how the stars fell overhead — but also how they dully illuminated everything as they passed, including the stranger's silhouette. He smiled (not that they'd see it) and looked up carefully, as if moving too much might cause this moment to evaporate.
I didn't know the stars could fall like that. He felt stupid saying it aloud, after the fact.

Note: Feel free to misidentify Willow's gender! He identifies as male but is only open about it with select family.

Moontide
Beta*
729 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph tilted her head in agreement, before looking back up. They certainly did look like they were shooting across the sky, but also falling in a way. She had never given much credence to the idea of falling stars but then again she had never seen anything quite like this either. "Me neither, I wonder if they'll land anywhere. That would be an interesting find." Her lips twisted into a small grin. Her normally exuberant personality felt quiter after her long day and the strangeness of the night. It was not unsettling but strange.

Blinking she realized that she had not introduced herself, rather caught up in the moment."Name's Heph by the way, of Moontide." This stranger did not smell of any particular pack but nor did Heph recognize her, so she was not sure if it meant anything to add her pack but it was something she was proud of - that she wanted others to know.
36 Posts
Ooc — Cryptid
The thought that someone could find a fallen star was incredible! Willow wasn't sure if it was meant as a joke or as a serious suggestion, but his eyes began to trail after the bright lights in a more fixed manner after that, as if he could estimate the distance, the travel time, and the general whereabouts that he might find the treasure at the end of the plummet.
It was childish — which was appropriate for Willow, who had always upheld a certain innocence in that regard.

The stranger introduced themselves and Willow's attention shifted back to them, for the most part, although his eyes continued to flit from star to star as the show continued overhead.
Willow. I'm from... everywhere, I guess. Haven't been around here for long, though. He could've mentioned being a Frostfur as if that meant something in this wilderness, or named his birth pack (the Frosthawks); but it didn't occur to him. When was the last time he'd been home, anyway? Must've been years.

What kind of place is -- Moontide, was it? He knew to be polite, at any rate.

Moontide
Beta*
729 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Willow's response was slightly unexpected but welcome all the same. While Heph had met plenty of wolves that had either lived in the wilds some time or been born there she did feel a kind of kinship with those like Atka and Rodyn and Iseul who had come from afar - leaving their previous homes for whatever reason. A bit of her vigor returning she grinned, speaking warmly if a bit playfully."Ahhh well welcome then, it's good to see new faces about especially ones as stunning as yours." But her tone was genuine when she offered whatever information she had. Though perhaps the wolf would prefer to explore the area himself she thought it was worth the offer in case there were any pressing questions. The wilds as a whole were still a mystery to her but the Great Bear Wilderness she was somewhat more familiar with since she had travelled through parts of it with Atka and knew a few packs that had made their home there. "I haven't explored all of the place, but I arrived maybe a bit more than a year ago so if there's anything you want to know I'll do my best."

At the mention of Moontide her eyes glittered a bit in the low light with excitement. "Yeah, Moontide. It's friendly and warm, not as big as some packs, but lively enough. Close to the coast and both the alphas are kind and fair. It's on a plateau so the views of the ocean and surrounding areas are amazing." She tried not to ramble too much, she was proud of her home and the wolves within it.