Stone Circle Only angels
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
All Welcome 
Gunnar woke up and looked around him blearily. As always of late. It took him a moment to fully reacquaint himself with the world around.

So far into his memories he went in his sleep sometimes the morning left him confused. But @Taktuq and their children grounded him and in seconds he was fully present.

He stood with a stretch and shook out his pelt in the early morning air. The pop of his hip made him grimace, but he soon calmed the pain down a little with walking. Though each step at first was stiff and his gait uneven.
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
The Protector
48 Posts
Ooc — Liv
snagging if that's ok <333

The Shieldmaiden had been awake for a couple hours now, and spent her time patrolling the borders as well as marking them. 

Coming back into the depths of the Heim, Ulfhild spotted Gunnar and chuffed, walking closer to him with a friendly wave of her tail. 

The Protector looked at the Fadir with an inquisitive amber gaze, tilting her head slightly "Are you okay?" She asked, genuine despite the gruff thickness of her Northerners accent.
Protect the Weak, Purge the Evil
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Of course! <3 <3

Gunnar didn't worry of their borders. So many wolves they had now. There was always someone to protect and patrol. It did his heart good to see his home flourishing. He didn't fear so much leaving his children and wife behind. And he would sooner than he might like. He knew this.

A greeting from their shield maiden and he smiled and weaved his tail.

Her question made him sigh a little, but not at her. Just his situation.

I'm an old man, Ulfhild. I'm not sure i have much left. Odin is in Valhalla surely making a place for me as we speak.
The Protector
48 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Ulfhild's gaze was solemn as Gunnar spoke. 
She felt the sadness of his words in her chest and her gut, knowing it to be his truth.
The Protector had seen him, the slow decline of his body as he aged.
It hurt her heart to see him in such pain...

"Fadir...I...I would like to stand sentinel when you rise to Valhalla." She rumbled softly, looking now to those wise, elder's eyes with earnest and marrow-deep respect. 
"If that is alright...?" She inquired, tears making her eyes wet.
She did not want him to die, but as all things do, she knew his time was coming quick on the horizon.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
He saw her gaze and smil3d a light licking along his steel gaze. No need to cry. I've lived a good life. A life to be proud of at least i like to think so.

It was juat another adventure. Though it would hurt a little more and he had many to leave behind now. Which he shook his head. He had come to the teekon with only ties to his mother who laydown to die and Ash Paw who was off in Riverclan and he had built a beautiful family of blood and non.

He blinked surprised and humbled. A little sad smile.

I would be honored. Thank you.
The Protector
48 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Ulfhild smiled softly back at Gunnar, bittersweet as it felt.
She only knew his words as truth, nothing else. 
The Protector saw no reason for Fadir to lie, and he never had as far as she knew, at least to her.

The shieldmaiden's gaze brightened slightly though, as Gunnar accepted her request to be there when he passed. 
"Thank you, Fadir." She breathed. 
She felt it was her duty, in a way, to see him off to Valhalla, where he had been there to accept her into Kvarsheim. 

It just felt right.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar was not a liar. He had never been. Nor had he ever minced words. He had learned early diplomatic ways of falking. His father had taught him, but he had tempered it with his mothers grace.

You're most welcome. a sodt answer in her own language. and thank you for offering
The Protector
48 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Ulfhild smiled gently and nodded once, a firm dip of her muzzle to Gunnar - 
"I feel it is a duty of mine to uphold, after all you were there when I joined the Heim, so it feels only right to see you to Valhalla." She explained, though she knew in her heart she did not need to.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Fade?

There was something to be said for shield maidens. Their own class of women. That Gunnsr held in high esteem. His mother, his sisters. All had been amazing.

Then so it shall be. You must be sure to help everyone. It will be difficult, but please also care for yourself when i am gone.