Firefly Glen glass eyes, crystal tears
Moonspear
Child
131 Posts
Ooc — metic
All Welcome 
snow fell with a gentle pace, dusting the landscape in brush strokes of white smoke. acrux pressed through the winter scenery, his path taking him towards moonglow before a lovely, alluring scent caused him to veer off course. it was sweet, honeyed, irresistible to follow, and caused a stirring in the depths of his stomach. 

what was this bewitching smell? and why did it make him feel this way?

half fascinated and half scared as to why he felt such an unfamiliar pull to this fragrance, he continued to follow the scent, though with slow steps. 

eventually he was spat out like a chewed toy in the midst of a glen. here the smell was overwhelming. it swamped his senses to the point of a mild headache though he, for some unspeakable reason, could not pull himself to leave.  

instead he felt the primal urge to rub himself against any accessible shrub he could, and so that's exactly what he did with feverish passion.
"atkan aleut"
96 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Bronte hadn't been back home for long. And it wasn't long until she slipped away from home, going out on her own again. She knew well of Moonglow by now. She was growing curious about their sister packs, wondering if a visit would be worthwhile.

Wanting to improve her hunting technique while she was out, she had been on the trail of a snowshoe hare. She was making good progress in tracking it down, believing such a prize would be well appreciated back home.

Then the wind shifted and she got distracted. A new scent. One that was sweeter and more fragrant.

Up ahead she heard rustling. Bare twigs scratching, snapping together. Treading cautiously, she appeared at the edge of the glen. Most surprised to find a boy, slightly younger than her, quite engrossed in rubbing himself against the foliage.

Her nose twitched. It couldn't be coming from him, could it? Her eyes searched the area, trying to decipher this little mystery.

With a paw lifted in uncertainty, she broke the silence. "Hey...what'cha doing? What is that odd smell?"
Loner
183 Posts
Ooc — Raven
No one could argue. Winter was here. 

Flakes of snow fell from the sky and covered the ground. Small pools of water froze and the sound of songbirds faded from the wilds. Along with the changing of the seasons, Paeon could see the changes in herself. Her coat began to fill in. The undercoat insulated her and kept her warm against the chill in the air. 

It allowed her to explore and race around as she pleased. Unburdened by the potential overheating that would take place in the warmer months. But something distracted her from her normal bounding. A whiff of something... familiar...

Paeon stopped in her tracks as the scent wafted into her nostrils and changed course. She could have sworn she had smelled this smell before. Like it was on the tip of her tongue, or nose rather, but couldn't pin it down. Was it a plant?

She trotted further and further towards the scent until the sound of rustling overtook her attention. And there she saw a young male of black and gray writhing in the foliage. She was about to speak when a young honey female jumped into the mix. Paeon was surprised that she didn't detect the girl sooner. Had the smell been that distracting?

Have an idea of what Acrux is smelling?
Moonspear
Child
131 Posts
Ooc — metic
perpetual innocence knew only instinct, and instinct told him he wanted whatever this enchanting scent was. it did not rouse any deeper desire as it might have for those older than him, but it did leave him yearning for the aroma's source. through thicket and thorns, he brushed himself along any accessible twig he could, eagerly sweeping up the scent on to himself, while simultaneously leaving his own behind. 

focus fixated and senses amiss, he did not notice either of his spectators until a soft voice broke the silence. unprepared for company and feeling as if he'd just been caught with his pants down, acrux stumbled back with an awkward demeanor and flushed cheeks. 

he'd not gotten a proper look at the voice's owner until now, and suddenly he found himself stumbling over his own words. "d-dunno.." he spat out as an answer to her second question, pretending he had not heard the first. 

wow. had girls always been this pretty? did their eyes usually sparkle like diamonds, or was he just imagining that? 

maggak was pretty. anaa was pretty. mom was pretty. but he'd never looked at any of them like this before. 

he shifted as that unfamiliar stirring flowed through him again. 

be cool acrux. be cool. "smells nice, right?" yeah, that was totally cool. 

he smells a female wolf in heat!
"atkan aleut"
96 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Unlike the dark slate boy, Bronte had no desire to rub this strange scent all over herself. Nor did she want for it. However, she was deeply curious. Yearning to investigate more and more to decipher what it was. 

He was at a loss. "It's odd." She commented thoughtfully, tail brushing her hocks. "But yeah, I wouldn't call it...un-pleasant." She wanted to get a sniff too. And maybe a closer one of him, if he would let her. He looked far too well looked after to be a roamer.

A blonde ear swung back. Her head followed around in a twist, where her eyes landed on a fully grown female. "Oh! Hey." Her tail wagged, brows shooting up quizzically. "You couldn't tell us what this is, could ya?"
Loner
183 Posts
Ooc — Raven
A young dark boy near half a year. A light young female near a year. And Paeon going on 3 years with the maturity of near half that. Had those two numbers matched she might have thought twice about the proper way to approach such a subject. This would be interesting...

Paeon lifted her nose into the air and slowly circled around. She knew the smell, she knew she did, but from where. It wasn't until she considered the young boys behavior that she had an answer. "Oh! There must a women in heat nearby, or perhaps she was here a bit ago." she said openly no filter detected.

Paeon had gone into heat for the first time last year. The smell had been similar but she assumed the smell would be slightly different for everyone.

She looked at the boy and in a playful teasing tone said "Seems someone's got an early sense for it"
Moonspear
Child
131 Posts
Ooc — metic
his heart fluttered, or was that the butterflies in his stomach?

the pretty girl spoke, and acrux felt the warmth rush to his face. she didn't dislike the smell, which was good, being as he was now covered in it. she spoke again, though this time to a stranger he had not noticed earlier.

he backpeddled a few paces, bright eyes inquisitive yet hesitant of the adult. fortunately for her she was a woman, and acrux had suddenly become unspeakably interested in the opposite sex.

she spoke of a woman in heat, and the boy gave a puzzled glance between the two ladies. "she was warm?" he asked with doe-eyed innocence.

a woman smelled good when she was warm? he glanced towards the pretty blonde girl and the heat rushed to his face once more. if his flesh were capable of turning red, he'd be as bright as a tomato.

hopefully boys smelled good when they were warm too, cause god damn he was sweating balls right now.
"atkan aleut"
96 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Pausing to seat herself next to the patch which had so interested the slate boy, Bronte turned her eyes on the adult attentively. She indeed, had the answer.

What they were smelling was a female in heat. That word rung a bell in her head. Her eyes visibly widened for a split second. 

She remembered. The time Moonwoman had gathered her and other females at the women's circle on the plains. The knowledge she had passed onto Bronte that day held true.

But to his question. She lifted a paw contemplatively. "I wouldn't know if she would be warm or not..." Her voice had a sheepish edge. She was too young to know what being in heat would feel like. Her eyes said she knew more. "It is what allows a male and female to make babies." She said simply, happy to let the adult emphasize further.
Loner
183 Posts
Ooc — Raven
She listened to the two talk back and forth. One clearly more in the know than the other, and it was funny to think of the ignorant bliss this young lad had, but we were all this oblivious at one time or another.

"Points to the blond" Paeon said pointing to Bronte. "In heat is figurative... or more metaphorical... you do get warm but it's more of an internal warmth, like when you get embarrassed or suddenly startled." she said in response the the little gentleman's question.

"It happens to all of us girls when we get old enough to produce puppies, but only for a few weeks out of the year. Otherwise, there would be a boundless amount of puppies running around." Paeon laughed at the thought of it.
Moonspear
Child
131 Posts
Ooc — metic
each of the ladies took a turn at explaining the logical answer to his question, but logic wasn't often part of the boy's vocabulary. having yet to receive the talk about the birds and the bees, acrux took their words in a literal sense. 

a woman becomes warm to make babies, but is only warm on the inside, not the outside? and then the older of the trio spoke about the warmth being similar to that of embarrassment, and the boy felt a rush of worry envelope him.  

he was warm right now...did that mean he could make babies?!? oh no! a few fretting glances were cast between the girls, the fever upon his cheeks flushed away in a wave of anxiety. "do-" he paused to try and collect his concerns. "do boys become warm too?" he asked with a glance tossed towards the older of the ladies. 

and then a peek towards the blonde girl as he asked, "could i make babies?"
"atkan aleut"
96 Posts
Ooc — Mai
"What happens to us girls in this time? What does it feel like?" Bronte wasn't nearly as embarrassed as Acrux might be. Just openly curious. Now, if it had just been the two of them without the adult around, then she might have felt differently. 

His lesser degree of education on the topic was obvious to her. He still retained some of that child like innocence. "Um, I am not sure if boys become warm. I was never told anything about that."

His next question, she could answer. "I think so. All boys can, when they reach a certain age." She fixed his blue eyes with more knowing in her own. "From what I have heard, it is us girls, who carry them. Low in their bellies. Like you and I were, when we were very, very little."

She could go on. Could explain more. But she wasn't even a full fledged adult yet. And not completely educated. If he wanted the nitty gritty, such a talk was best left between him and his parents.
Loner
183 Posts
Ooc — Raven
The young blonde was keeping up, even providing answers to the young boys questions before Paeon had a chance to butt in. Paeon knew the basics, a little about the medical side of things as a healer, and that which she had experienced firsthand last season. But baby making and hormones were sappy and too girly for Paeon's taste. At least at this stage in her life.

With knowledge came inquisition and the blonde came at Paeon with a series of additional question. Luckily the boy had his own questions that he asked before Paeon could answer and she burst out laughing seeing the innocent fear on his face and line of questioning.

The young blonde was more composed and managed to answer his question fairly well but Paeon giggled throughout. "Don't worry bud. A puppies not going to be popping out of you or any guy for that matter. You both have nothing to worry about for some time now. All you need to know is some adults are going to be acting a bit strange for a few months and to watch out for yourselves out here on your own. I'm sure your parents will fill in any remaining knowledge gaps if you asked them."
Moonspear
Child
131 Posts
Ooc — metic
last post from me!

this information was all very overwhelming. he could make babies, but not yet? the girls carried the babies in their bellies and then what? pooped them out? ew. but at least guys did not have to poop the babies out so that was a good bit of info to know. oh, and women would be acting strange for the next few moon cycles. 

so much to learn. 

his mouth hung open that an unlatched door, eyes wide and unblinking until eventually the older women spoke of parents filling in the rest of the knowledge because apparently there was even more to know?!?

his head hurt, his face warm, his heart fluttering. "i-," he glanced between the two ladies. "i think i'm gonna go home now," he promptly decided, offering neither of them a goodbye before he sprung from the pair of them and took off towards the spear. 

on his way home he would submerge his head in a small pool of water in an attempt to cool the warmth of his cheeks and calm the beating of his heart. it would be of no use.
"atkan aleut"
96 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Last from me as well.

Bronte was not nearly as confused as Acrux was, but all of this continued talk about baby making was beginning to her head feel full. It was a lot to keep track of. As the adult female said, a more detailed discussion was best handled by their respective parents.

"Yeah...I think I'll ask my mom some more about this. Eventually." She shuffled back and forth on her paws, sending Acrux an apologetic, if not awkward little side eye. The poor guy was so overwhelmed. And his gender wasn't even the one that had to carry kids!

As he turned and made his exit, Bronte frowned softly. She really wished she could have gotten his name before he left. But she did have this interesting little visit, and his scent to remember. With a soft sigh, he eyes lingered on where he had stood.

Snapping out of it, she looked up over at Paeon. "I had better be on my way back too. But you have been really helpful. Maybe we can meet again one day." A smile crept onto her lips. "I'm Bronte...Bronte Blackthorn." Then, with a friendly little play bow of goodbye, she turned and took her leave.