Moonspear When I see little lights in the shadows
184 Posts
Ooc — Kat
No way! Seriously? Talis scoffed, laughing at the twinkle in Alaric’s eye. No offense, he huffed between titters, but that’s an absolutely terrible name.

But the plant itself was quite useful. The coyote listened carefully as Alaric explained the purposes of his would-be plants. Talis stared at the little patch of ground, wondering just when it would be filled with greens. He supposed it would happen when the nights stopped being so cold.

We’re really lucky to have someone who knows so much about healing here, he said, arctic gaze skipping back up to Alaric’s face. I mean, you saved my life. And I’ll never, ever take that for granted. Hmmm.

Honestly, the healer was one of the best friends he’d ever had. Even now, he was generously sharing his wares with the coyote. Talis looked down at the rinds of their breakfast and felt that same old gratitude spring up inside him.

If you need help with your garden—or, really, anything else—will you let me know? You’re always so nice to me and I’d like to repay your kindnesses, you know, hold up my half of the friendship, Talisman said, the corner of his mouth pulling upward.
Moonspear
Councilor*
555 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric chuckled and shook his head. No I'm just kidding. At least as far as I know. But honestly it wouldn't surprise me. My family was big on like nature names.

Alaric could see the patxh of ground in midns eyes full and healthy. He hoped he could bring it to fruition and the mountain didn't prove to hard to till.

Alaric chuckled. It is me whose lucky to have a place. Sialuk and Elentari are both healers as well.

Alaric smiled. Course I will. But you know my firendship is free rightm you don't owe me anything for it.
184 Posts
Ooc — Kat
I know, he concurred, face softening, but you deserve to be treated the way you treat others.

His tail swept the ground as he thought of the words spoken immediately prior. He knew Sialuk was a healer, though he hardly knew the first thing about Elentari. He hadn’t been tasked with getting to know her, though Talisman hoped he would get the opportunity. He wanted to know everyone who lived in this village.

What’s Elentari like? I hadn’t really had a chance to talk to her yet.
Moonspear
Councilor*
555 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric felt his heart tighten. It was nice to be appreciated. Even if it felt undeserved. Alaric was probably not near as good as the coyote thought he was. He was loud and reckless. Childish. Didn't dare love anyone. Could be callous because of it.

A soft look on his face. He was fond of Elentari. She had been one of the first wolves he'd met.

Mm. She is sweet and kind usually. Quiet. But there is a fire deep inside. And she is proud of herself, her family and her lineage.
184 Posts
Ooc — Kat
The mention of her lineage prompted the coyote to ask, She’s Acrux’s mom, isn’t she? I thought he belonged to Sialuk at first, he admitted. The relationships here confuse me in, like, the best possible way. I mean, it seems like everyone’s romantically entangled with everybody else. Are you involved with any of that?
Moonspear
Councilor*
555 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric nodded. Acrux belongs to Argent and Elentari.

Alaric felt laughter bibble up and he did try to keep it down, but it was for naught.

I'm sorry. But you're adorable you know that right.

He chuckled again. I understand it can be difficult to understand. So Sialuk is our leader. Her domestic partners the ones who she loves and shares space with and keeps their confidence are Elentari and Argent. As with both of them. As far as I know Sia is the only one to seek other relationships outside of their home.

A shake of his head. I do not have any romantic relationships of any kind at present.
184 Posts
Ooc — Kat
The comment about his adorableness bewildered Talisman. He made no reply, though he shook his head lightly and focused on what else Alaric was saying. It was all very useful intel.

That makes sense, I suppose, he said slowly, thinking of how openly Sialuk had welcomed him to her body, then meeting Argent after the fact. Me neither, though I slept with Sialuk before I knew any of these details, and he still couldn’t be certain what Argent or Elentari might think about it.

After a few beats of silence, Talis spoke again, saying, I don’t think I want any, either. It seems really complicated and like a huge emotional risk. My dad lost my mom when I was just a baby and I saw the toll it took on him. I guess having more than one lover means you’ll always have someone, even if you lose one, but then you have a helluva lot more to lose, you know?
Moonspear
Councilor*
555 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric made no more comment. The fact remained the coyote was adorable and sweet. A little naive, but that was okay. He just hoped he didn't get hurt.

Alaric gave a nod. The simple fact remains that it is Sia's choice and her body. Though I couldn't tell you how anyone feels about it.

And he couldn't, he doesn't even remember ever talking to Argent.

Alaric gave a tight smile. Not just loss van cause you pain from a lover. 

He knew all to well besring all the emotional and  physical scars of a reminder of what a lover could do to you. The multitude if ways they could break you. For a brief moment he remembered the other tongues and teeth and paws that grabbed at him. And he shut it down quickly.
184 Posts
Ooc — Kat
His head tilted at Alaric’s cryptic comment. Something on his friend’s face told him there was a story there. He was intrigued but he decided not to pry. If Alaric wanted to elaborate, he would.

Well, I think I’ve decided the whole thing’s best avoided, the coyote said summarily, waving a paw absently in the air. I know it probably seems pretty backwards but I really do want the kids, just not the mothers, at least not like that. Oh man, it sounds kind of terrible when I say it out loud, doesn’t it? But, I mean, I want to be on friendly terms! I just don’t… yeah…
Moonspear
Councilor*
555 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric didn't want to elaborate. It was a past better left well in the past. And if he didn't pursue relationships it never had to come out.

Alaric almost choked on his tongue.  The words and the expression. He couldn't quite hide the snort, but he tried to turn it into a cough.

Well i mean if they know that going in. I don't think its necessarily bad.

It was a little backwards and maybe not normal, but Alaric was all for unconventional things.
184 Posts
Ooc — Kat
His friend made a salient point. Did the women he’d trysted with know that going in? Talisman liked to think they’d all given him informed consent. He’d even made a point of it with Kusuma, he knew. Still, he was pretty sure Alaric’s statement would live rent-free in his head for a while.

Well, it’s been real, Alaric, but I do think I’m gonna go sleep off this fine repast, Talis said with a little snort at his own pompous phrasing. Remember, come find me if you need anything. I haven’t had many opportunities in life to build and foster friendships. I really wanna give it my best shot.

With a twitch of his tail, Talisman bowed his head to the healer. He then padded back toward his own sleeping spot. Even long after he curled up and closed his eyes, he couldn’t stop thinking about Alaric’s various comments, two in particular: the one about informed mothers and the one about his adorableness. Both made his cheeks hot and his insides squirm a little bit.