Hushed Willows Speaking words of wisdom, let it be
Hushed Willows
Singer
164 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
Private 
She would be leaving soon—with Tybault in tow—for who knows how long and just couldn’t leave without saying goodbye to @Everett. Was she deluded into thinking that he will miss her just as much? Probably, but it just wouldn’t be her to up and leave without bidding him farewell. 

There was no telling what she would or wouldn’t find when she returned. Life has its way of ruining her story, when all she craved was a happy ending.

Though short it has been, his presence within the pack had settled her; since the majority of the pack were males, she had felt drawn like a bowstring, unsure of their intentions. But, she did not feel that way when it came to Reverie’s brother. Quite the opposite. 

She called for him from the Cavern’s entrance before trotting inside to wait. He had found her there once, led by Tuft and Minnow, she had hoped he would remember the way. 

I thought a goodbye thread would be cyooot! No rush or anything!

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.
Hushed Willows
Lead Singer
the weeping prophet
101 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
He had heard from Reverie's own mouth of the mission she'd given to Reina and Tybault. Tybault, of all wolves! While he had not thrown a fuss, he fumed in the moments he stole away for himself. Not against his sister, though he doubted her call, but in pre-mature judgment on his brother. His brother, who was about as qualified to represent Hearthwood to the neighbouring packs as a rabid raccoon. How could Everett forget the day he and Evander had found Tybault, butt bleeding, at Duck Lake? Or the sharpness of his tongue which had only ever sent Reverie running away? There was a reason he stood in Boone's place, after all, and not Tybault.

They were dark thoughts, vile thoughts - and yet, he thought them nonetheless. Everett knew he should forgive his brother, as he had been forgiven, but forgiveness was easy talk and much harder to live out now that he came face to face with what it meant in action.

One day. But today, he sat by the lake, and tried to make sense of his rolling mind. Disgusted with himself. Unable to stop.

That was how Reina would find him when she called him to the Caverns, and he rose to meet her there. Maybe the walk would clear his mind.

But no, he discovered. His paws could carry him away, but his thoughts only felt heavier, worse.

Hello, Reina, he said, quiet when he dipped inside the heart of Hearthwood. His eyes adjusted to the darkness, his voice betrayed nothing of the conflict he felt. I heard from Reverie. About your mission.

He would leave it at that for her to carry. Anymore, and he would spill.
Hushed Willows
Singer
164 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
Reina silently watched as the male approached her, a small smile playing on her lips. Much like Reverie, Everett held her bleeding heart in his hands, and he didn’t even know. Though, she could only blame herself for that. There was something gravitational about the two Medeiros siblings; it pulled her into their atmosphere, almost suffocatingly so—but, she did not mind it. Not at all; she rather embraced it. 

She was never one to silence the beating of her heart, this would be no different. Her heart beat for them, her soul family.

She felt grateful for this intimate moment with him, despite her usual reluctance to let any man get close after past experiences. But Everett was different. Quiet yet powerful, he captured her thoughts like no one else. She wondered if her heart would be safe with him or his sister—if she would ever have her—or if they would break it beyond repair. Would she be willing to give them everything she had, if they asked? 

As the greeting had turned to her mission, Reina's brief happiness melted away and she cast her eyes down before closing them, avoiding Everett's gaze. A slow nod, one of reluctant acceptance of her role to play in the pack. “Yes, I, uh, I am happy to assist in the pack in whatever form it needs. But—I am…afraid, Everett.” Returning to him, it was apparent how much Reverie’s plan rocked her. One tear trailed slowly down her cheek, almost as if it were also regretting its choice to follow the role it had to play.

She did not know Tybault. Did not like him. His presence was opposite of his siblings, rubbing her in all the wrong ways. Her heart had wished, had prayed, that Everett would take his place. But, it was not to be so; he was needed here, and she would endure this—she had to. A promise was a promise. 

Yet—

“I have not left the borders for weeks, months. And I am expected to go beyond them and be around others, those I do not know. Is Tybault truly going to heed Reverie and uphold his duty if I were to be…” Attacked? Used? Would he stop it, or would he let it happen and walk away?

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.