Ocean's Breath Plateau Out of the blue clear sky
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
224 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
All Welcome 
All welcome to those in Moontide. Any of the new comers perhaps? Tag for ref or joining. Up to you.

It was nearly evening, the water calm, almost like glass - A mirror turned pink, cotton candy with hints of blue. Raindrop walks the shore, the shore she’s walked many times before. She watched the water lap at her feet, kissing them like a gentleman would a lady’s hand - she giggled at the tickling feeling, then continued on. Left behind her were single tracks in the sand, and as she looked at them, she realized that soon enough, out of the blue clear sky, there would be smaller prints trailing alongside. Then she stopped, to take a seat, and as she gazed out upon the water, her mind took her to thoughts of the future. What would the children she carried look like? Would they be daughters or sons? But one thing was for sure, the one thing she didn’t wonder…. Was how much they would be loved. 

Then @Sumac came to mind, and to think that they would be on this journey together, and she hoped they would stay together for as long as life gave them. 

She turned her head left, then right, as if to be sure she was alone, before she laid down on the grainy sand, looking over her shoulder to the slight curve beginning to form. 

Is it just me, or in hindsight, does this seem like a song? It feels like I was writing one. That or a poem.
Active weekdays: 
Most days of the week. (Subject to change)
(PST: Pacific Standard Time)
Moontide
Warrior
But inside me, there is a light…
118 Posts
Ooc — Rainchaser
He couldn't deny that tonight he was a hunter, all senses focused on pursuit of his quarry. Swift and light on his paws, gilded eyes reflected the myriad hues of the waning sunlight as he keenly scanned the shoreline. Brows lifted, a smirk growing on his maw, he spotted the first signs - a single trail of familiar tracks, just beginning to wash away in the crisp kiss of the surf. 

Sumac adopted an easy canter, as if he were a knight astride a well-trained destrier. He soon added his own larger tracks to those placed by the one he sought, head and tail aloft with an almost regal poise. Although it had been a rather grueling day of searching for items to restock the Moontide larders, he found himself still in possession of a sprightly energy, infused with the promise of spring and unfolding dreams.

Raja was subdued at his tail, the dainty feline noticeably lacking in her typical vivacity. Keeping up with 'Mac, it seemed, was taxing for any creature, especially when he was so intent on fulfilling his duties.

Raindrop's familiar form, evolving with the gentle curves of motherhood, soon came into view, and he slowed his stride to an easy trot. He lowered his head, tail and crown bobbing easily with each step as he stole a quick glance at the first stars to begin emerging against the brazen hues of the aging sky.

"A lovelier sight there never was," he murmured softly in his baritone drawl, not wishing to startle her. He drew closer, aiming to plant an affectionate lick between her ears before giving her a subtle, if hasty checking-over to ensure her wellbeing. 'Mac couldn't ever fully suppress his overprotective nature, though he did his best to respect her space.
…Even in the darkest night
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
224 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
The beautiful evening sky was coming to a close. Darker curtains closing upon what was once pink turning to a dark blue. — She turned her head, her ears flicking towards the sound of approaching paws. It didn’t frighten her, for she knew who they belonged to. He came upon her gently, placing a kiss upon her crown, between her sepia ears, a drawling baritone voice, a flattering murmur. “It is. But, it just got even lovelier.” She looked to his gilded eyes as they swept over her growing figure. All she did was smile, until she reassured him, “I’m alright, ‘Mac. Just enjoying our home, thinking about the future….” — “There’s only less than a moon left. Soon we’ll have the litter patter of little paws to look after, to love.”

And she couldn’t be happier, knowing that she’d be sharing the most wonderful things in life with the man she loved.
Active weekdays: 
Moontide
Warrior
118 Posts
Ooc — Rainchaser
The corners of 'Mac's mouth tugged further toward his eyes, his smile radiating warmth even as the Sun's own waned. Affection sparkled in his eyes as they returned to his love's own clear-sky blues, admiring their increasing depth as the darkness around them began to deepen. 

He gave a soft, short chuckle of incredulity, briefly turning his attention to his paws. Had it been that long already? Was it so soon? The Mackenzie exhaled deeply, steam pouring from his nostrils and out into the cooling air. He felt a mixture of almost uncontainable excitement laced with profound dread. Things would never be the same, soon. How would it happen? Would his children's birth be easy? Or would trouble arise? Would they be healthy? Safe? And most worrisome: would he be a good father? Sumac closed his eyes slowly, shutting them tightly before reopening them, allowing his brow to unfurl.

"I can't wait," he said truthfully, deciding against airing his concerns. They'd already been brought into the daylight countless times, these old phantoms - they were simply familiar guests who passed on through. The reality was that fate marched forward, and soon he'd be far too occupied to entertain them.

What would they look like?

"Maybe they'll have blue eyes," he mused, his gaze adopting a dreamy air as he focused on the first glittering speckles of starlight, "Any way they are, they'll be just perfect."

Now his eyes sparkling with wonder settled back upon Raindrop. He easily lowered himself into the sand beside her, side pressed against her own as he savored her warmth and the feeling of her closeness.
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
224 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
She watched him, waiting for his response. At her words, of the babes soon coming, he look to his paws - she knew him well, maybe thoughts had intruded his mind, perhaps the same she’d wondered from time to time. She didn’t press, instead, his reply made her feel warm inside, butterflies. But, were they really butterflies, or a new sensation….

Her sky blue eyes squinted as her smile grew, “I think so too. They’ll be perfect, no matter what.” She then leaned into his body as he lay beside her upon the sand. As she gazed out at the water, the gentle waves tugging at the sand, she was quiet, focusing on her body, trying to further decipher the feeling in her stomach. When she felt a greater sensation, a small gasp followed, and she brought her eyes to Sumac, a look of wonder in them. ‘Mac…. I think they sense you’re here. I believe they’ve learned to move around.” 

The thought of such small beings, being able to move around, and perhaps think, amazed her. They weren’t even born yet. And she remained in wonderment.
Active weekdays: 
Moontide
Warrior
118 Posts
Ooc — Rainchaser
'Mac shifted, settling his weight more evenly, his tail easily swaying at his hindquarters. They were both silent for a time, and his gaze meandered out among the gently lapping waves, his nose drinking in the distinct scent of the sea. A lopsided smirk crept its way up his maw as his thoughts wandered to all the various changes in his life that had occurred within so short a timeframe - losing his family, ending up in Teekon, meeting Easy, then Raindrop, and now... Now, a new family. It was bewildering to think about.

Raindrop's sudden gasp brought Sumac out of his thoughts, his eyes quickly finding her own within the growing darkness. Without realizing it, he held his breath, a slight tinge of worry clouding his mind before she spoke.

"Wait... really?" he breathed, his voice full of wonder as his wide-eyed stare fell to her midsection, pressed against his own. He shifted a bit, pressing his cheek against her belly, his breath held once more, though this time in anticipation. Then - there! - a very subtle wiggling, and his jaw dropped to the sand.

When he lifted his head once more, his golden eyes radiated awe.

"They are! They're moving!" 

Somehow, this occurrence made the prospect of their children so much more... real. They could move. They were aware. How marvelous!

"I-I can't believe it," he stammered, ending with a joyous bark of laughter.
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
224 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
“Yeah!” She responded. Raindrop felt like a giddy little girl, excited over such a small, little thing, but really, it was real, the puppies were alive, and they expressed it too. 

Her tail had began wagging relentlessly, a big smile growing upon her muzzle, eyes bright with wonder and excitement as her mate placed his cheek upon her belly. “I know! It’s incredible!” 

Oh, how wonderful it was, to have someone so special in your life, and together, create a family with, sharing moment like this. As far as Raindrop was concerned, her life was perfect, and she wanted for nothing more. For who could want more when they already had the best in life? 

A happy idea came to mind, “Oh, Sumac. What about names?” What a good question that was. Would they choose a theme, like plants or chose what suited each individual pup once they arrived? Anything now would be brainstorming.
Active weekdays: 
Moontide
Warrior
118 Posts
Ooc — Rainchaser
'Mac couldn't help the peal of laughter that escape his throat - her exuberance was contagious and added to his own growing ecstasy. His excitement and eagerness threatened to burst from his chest, his amber eyes shining with pure love and dreams.

Names?

Sumac's mouth formed a small "O" - he'd not even thought of what to name them!

"I-" her began, then closed his mouth, brow furrowed in contemplation.

"Well..." he resumed thoughtfully, "We could name them after the weather or the sky... In my family, we always used plant and herb names, like mine."

He rubbed his bearded chin with a paw, his eyes drifting upward as he mused.
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
224 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
He rubbed his chin in thought, Raindrop watched his face, his brows furrowing, and she was slightly amused, curious as to his thoughts. 

“Hmm.” She thought, taking his suggestions into consideration, “I think either of those are fine themes. The plants, perhaps, would be interesting choices. In my homelands, they had many trees, firs, cedars, pines. There’d be no shortage of name suggestions.” She gave a soft chuckle. There would be time for names, no rush, but it did make for good conversation, one on one time for the two of them.
Active weekdays: