The Sunspire he broke his own heart and i watched.
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Tytonidae seemed to be settling in comfortably to life at the Sunspire, a fact for which Summer was thoroughly elated. Ever since he'd met her, their every encounter had been tainted with some form of distress or another whether it was the pain of missing her mother or the pain that her sisters had caused her. He hoped quite fervently that being away from them now and in a place where maybe her mother might one day return (as slim as the chances were) might bring peace to the young girl's heart so that he could see her light and free of the burden of pain as he lately had been.

There was still the matter of Lasher's request, however, that as far as the Ostrega knew had not been fulfilled. Though he'd been against sending any of their wolves to the Plateau to inform them of their juvenile's safety, he lately had been rethinking the positives of doing so. The good seemed to be about even with the bad, but one fact outweighed them all in Summer's mind: keeping the peace with Ty's former pack meant keeping her safe within the Sunspire's borders. He needed the Plateau to trust them to take care of her, and he wanted them specifically to trust him.

Which is why the dark-pelted yearling tossed his head back that day to call for @Amekaze or @Jace to join him at Sunshadow Rock, so that he could discuss the matter with them and to get their blessing to take the task upon himself.
Open for Commissions! PM me for more info :)
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

As she had quickly learned was simply part of the life she had chosen to uphold, she found there was much to consider in recent days.

First, there was Vienna's healing, which was slow but made its progress, and Jace's decisions in regard to such. This led her to the next obvious matter of the cougar that still roamed free and how she was supposed to keep her wolves safe from its teeth and claws, or find the damned thing, kill it, and use its furs to line a den without getting maimed herself...

Then came Rain, who she had allowed to go out on her journey across the wilds to gain information and see the sights. Ame was anxiously awaiting her return and tried to be patient, but it was difficult. She wanted to see her come back safely (and not with cougar claw marks adorning her silvery form) and then, which was of slightly less priority, was hearing what she had learned out there. Ame's own travels were less frequent.. and with no foreseeable opportunities to roam abroad on her own. She'd have to live vicariously through Rain's pawsteps for now.

This was on top of all her usual topics of consideration that ranged everywhere across the spectrum, from new joiners to long time faces. So, when the mind became to busy, she found it was some strange therapy to keep the body even busier.. which came in the form of hunting lately. Rabbits, pheasants, squirrels, shrews, woodrats, mice.. whatever she could manage to flush out of hiding, she pursued to mixed results. Right now, she was huffing to herself as her defeat was to be reluctantly accepted. The little rabbit had veered just one too many times and lost her.

While she slinked on, eyes sharp for sight of a new quarry, the call was noted. She paused, listened, and adjusted her course not long after. Ame could do with something besides chasing to focus on, if only for a little while; she loped his way, towards Sunshadow Rock.

She arrived with a swishing tail and set her eyes on Summer right away. In the midst of all things considered, he was there as well, both with his recent graduation to the adult ranks and the whole Tytonidae situation. You called? she quipped knowingly, settling alongside him.

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Had Summer known all of the details of what had been happening with his packmates, he probably wouldn't have even brought up the task he was about to with his alpha. Although he had quite lofty ambitions and ideas about what his place in the pack ought to be, he was still quite young and naive. He was too preoccupied with his own interests to notice that Rain was missing and that Vienna's injury had caused a change in Jace's priorities. He had yet to learn that to lead meant looking upon the whole pack and putting it before himself.

No, Summer's thoughts had been on Ty, how to take care of her, how to make her happy, and how to tie up the loose ends that threatened to harm the healing she had yet to do. And now they were on Ame who approached him then as he'd requested. He leaned towards her to brush his muzzle respectfully upon her chin, in typical wolfish greeting fashion.

Not wanting to waste her time as he knew how important it was, he decided to get right to the point. "I wanted to discuss Tytonidae with you," he said, "And the matter of the Plateau. They had requested we notify them if she returned. I wanted to know if that was a request you wished for us to honor, and if so, if you would allow me to fulfill it for the pack."
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

She settled not long after affectionately tapping her muzzle to his cheek when he was in close for a greeting. Then, he wasted little time going right to the point and she remained unsurprising of the subject matter. While still trying to understand the depths of all Tytonidae had experienced, and what it was that had driven her entirely from her birthplace, it was glaringly obvious there was a bond between them already -- no matter how fledgling it may have been for the time being.

Mhm, I do intend to let them know. I just did not find it to be a rush subject, to let her.. you know, settle and all before we would go telling them she is fine, she said. It was Lasher's concern, which she felt was genuine, that had inspired her to stick to it. While having little reason to go out of their way to make nice with the Plateau, Tytonidae was one of their youths and surely, they could appreciate the notion. Plus, she had no reason to.. not.

The Plateau was greeted with much indifference. She had once been much more wary when Fox had become one of theirs, but, although she did not know this for certain, she guessed she had left to lead elsewhere with Peregrine. In any case, I think you would be a good fit for the job. You know her status better than most, she said with a nod. He could make for a good ambassador for the Sunspire, and was a good test of how he'd rise to the occasion. Sometime later, I want to visit them myself.. to see who is leading them now, how they stand, and so on. Since they are one of our nearest neighbors, and not one she wished to have a particularly bad relationship with. It had been quite a time since she had nosed around them. But, it was not a priority, just a something she was considering. Summer going to tell them about Tytonidae was much more time sensitive and about much more than her just being nosy. When you go, I would definitely try to seek out Lasher.

i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Summer sighed gently with relief when Amekaze began to speak. His alpha was intent upon letting the Plateau know of Ty's well-being, it just wasn't as much of a priority to her than other things. He ought to have wondered what those other distractions were, but he was focused on the matter at hand, and also at his relief that she would permit him to be the one to deliver that news.

"Thank you, Ame," Summer replied with a smile and a gentle wag of his tail. He listened as she continued, his head tilting thoughtfully as she spoke of wanting to learn more about the pack. "I would be happy to inquire about whatever it is you'd like to know when I'm there," he reassured her, "Lasher seemed like an amiable man, and in all of my talks with Ty, it does not appear that he is one with whom she has been feuding. I'll definitely do my best to make sure it's his audience I receive."
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

So long as Tytonidae was well, and settling in as neatly as she could be all things considered, Ame wasn't going to fret over her. Mhm, you are welcome, she chuffed. It was bound to either be him or herself going there to do it anyway, so not only was this one less thing for her to consider, it was good to keep the Plateau well-informed.

Mostly I am just curious about.. general things. Who leads them now, their disposition towards matters, like neutral territories surrounding them.. so on. Nothing overly important at this time. Now that Fox is no longer part of them, I do not believe we have any reason to be overly wary.. Although, the bit about Fox was just a well-educated guess.. for Ame assumed she was still mated to Peregrine and had left with him; something like that seemed in line with what she would expect of Fox.

Then, on Lasher, she nodded. That he is. While I do not know the full tale of what it is that drove her away from home, I could not see him being involved directly. His concern for her was.. very clear.. and to her it had seemed that he wanted her back home, safe and sound. Nevertheless, she felt it was best that Summer speak to him first and foremost. He was a safe bet, and one she knew would benefit from the information appropriately.

i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Summer listened attentively as Ame explained what it was she wished to know about the Plateau. It was not his intent to be an outrider for the Sunspire--that was a job for an adventurous soul like Vienna or Sumayl. What he wanted to know was what it was an Alpha felt towards other packs and how such would act towards them. He had his own ideas on relations between neighbors, but Amekaze was the only real alpha he'd ever known besides the one who'd abandoned them, and so it was her lead he would trust and follow.

"Did you have any hope of making them our allies?" he asked suddenly and far too boldly for his own comfort. He immediately felt awkward, and continued with a somewhat uncomfortable explanation of his words, "I mean.. with things with the Creek still to tense and with Winter at our door... I would think that it wouldn't hurt to know we have trusted friends nearby..." In truth, Summer felt no need for any allied outside of their orders. The Spire was strong and self-sufficient, there was nothing that could be gained from a friendship with outsiders, only lost when they began to fail while the Spire thrived. But there was Ty now, and Summer would not have the Plateau coming to their door demanding her back because they felt his pack was an enemy.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

His question did come with a slight surprise, and her expression arced accordingly. It was a good question, no doubt, just not one she had anticipated here from Summer. Allies? Not.. exactly that entirely. Perhaps just.. neighbors we are on decent enough terms with, she decided after a brief pause. To her, allies involved a great deal of factors -- a sort of give and take that was probably too much to be of real use when a pack self-sustained as they had (so far). She didn't find she fancied that kind of relationship any. Not at this time.

Perhaps she was more distrustful than necessary, but her in homeland, allies had been a well-founded bond built of ties greater than that of just general location proximity. They were the relatives or sometimes even just the former close comrades -- the splinter packs were only testament to an original pack's overgrowth. Since she hardly knew any wolves of the Plateau at this time, none of this really applied.

While becoming allies with them is not something I am opposed to, I really have no plans for such right now -- for them or any other pack. I know so few Plateau wolves anymore, anyway. If we were to have official allies, our bonds would have to be a little more established first. Not that having Tytonidae here wasn't one thing to consider, it was just that she didn't even know their present alpha's name, so considering an alliance with them didn't feel right. Matters with the Creek have been quiet, at least. I do not think the tension will ever go away entirely. She then wondered how often they still thought about the potential threat the Sunspire could pose them, or if they had their attention elsewhere now. Scimitar had been a neutral leader for them as far as she was concerned.

i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Summer listened quietly as Amekaze explained her views on becoming allies with the Plateau. He got the feeling that an alliance meant more to his alpha than the idea he had in his head of it. His was a more basic definition--a pack that they were on good terms with that they could count on to have their backs if any ill befell them and vice versa. It was not something Summer typically had any interest in himself being the territorial and protective wolf he was. But if being allies with the Plateau meant keeping Ty, then he was more than willing to make connections wherever needed.

"You're right of course," Summer replied after a moment of thought, "I'll make nice with them and learn what I can." The black wolf smiled then and dipped his muzzle. He was eager to be on his way. They had been lucky thus far that the Winter hadn't been too harsh. As long as it stayed that way on his voyage, all would be well. "I want to go let Ty know of my intentions," he said, "Is there anything else you'd ask of me before I go?"
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Since they had never needed allies before, it was not high on her list. In fact, she scarcely heard of alliances in this Teekon region at all. If there ever came a time in the future where they might benefit greatly from some alliance, she would revisit the idea in full detail then. Until that happened, it was just something she was open to letting develop if truly necessary, but significant effort wouldn't go towards making it happen. They were just fine without.

I think that is all, she said softly, and understood his wish to want to go to Tytonidae first before he took off. Just.. be mindful of cougars, too. Ame tacked on with just a touch of haste and messily-masked worry. He wasn't going far so the risk was not immense, but Rain had received the same warning before her trek out in the Wilds, and she meant it.

i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Amekaze's words caused a wry smile to flit briefly across his muzzle. "I don't think there will ever come a day when I'm not," he said truthfully. With all that they had been through with the beasts, Summer likely would always be on the lookout for one of those monsters. They'd done too much damage to his loved ones.

Their conversation at an end, Summer dipped his muzzle respectfully to his alpha. "Thank you again," he said with a smile before turning to canter off into the Spire, intent upon searching for Ty to get her permission now on the same matter.