Lion Head Mesa [ii] irtiu sha
Akashingo
23 Posts
Ooc — Decay
All Welcome 
the neb walks the long halls, feet drawing careful lines as he moves.

after a quiet evening, he is ready again to hear the bustling of the red sand palace.

and he does. the fellahin move about, tending to their masters and mistresses. mazoi stand at their various posts, or walk sentry around them. it is a good sight to see. proof that akashingo flourishes. 

now, he himself needs to find a way to flourish within.
Akashingo
Nebet

ogre maiden
287 Posts
Ooc — bon
Ambassador
a neb. it's been a while since she's seen one of those in the palace.

she did not know his history, besides that he did not yet smell of red sand, but if he had been given such a rank so soon upon arrival then it wouldn't surprise the girl if it is a rank carried over from whichever palace he came from. a reminder that no matter how well trained she is, she will be an anomaly amongst those that share her seat in the red palace.

so when racharra sees him in the halls during her own walk, she dips her head. welcome. she greets.
[Image: Illustration463-1-1.png]

if only my heart were as cold as i pretend it is.
maybe i could get over this
Akashingo
23 Posts
Ooc — Decay
welcome.

caught in his own head, he hears, but does not see. 

it is only when he nearly tramples the woman that he finally returns to reality. 

my apologies... and, thank you, he hums in a low drawl, offering a smile of sincerity. 

I don't believe we've met. I am sutekh. and you might be? 

drawing a step closer, he takes her full into view, warm eyes the perfect addition to his ever charming manner.
Akashingo
Nebet

ogre maiden
287 Posts
Ooc — bon
Ambassador
it's easy to tell who is a neb or nebet by their clueless meandering through palace halls, or lounging upon plush pelts. 

this neb is the former, and to emphasize this he doesn't realize she is there when suddenly the distance between them closed. she inhales a sharp breath when the two collide from the own man's lack of awareness — carelessness she might even say. it didn't help that he was one of few with similar stature to herself.

racharra could only forgive him though, offering a smile of her own even if a little exasperated. hello, i'm lady racharra. it's a pleasure to meet you. and crashed into.

Akashingo
23 Posts
Ooc — Decay
racharra. 

he rather liked the sound of it. 

and a nebet no doubt! what a perfect pair of name and title, both suitable if she were to become his wife. 

but no, it was too soon for these thoughts! they knew little of each other. 

he could change that easily, though. 

a beautiful name. a perfect fit, for a beautiful woman. maybe he was trying too hard to flatter, but at least his tone was sincere enough. and please... the pleasure is mine.

tell me, lady racharra— for how long have you called akashingo home?
Akashingo
Nebet

ogre maiden
287 Posts
Ooc — bon
Ambassador
oh. oh my.

sutekh is more than just forward, something that widen's the nebet's eyes and flusters her cheeks in a way she wished it didn't.
ah.. she stammers. thank you.
the dark furred girl stiffens to clear her throat and reorientate herself. what did he ask again? oh, right.

for most of my life, lord sutekh, and it has been a very fine home indeed. you will enjoy it, i am sure.

Akashingo
23 Posts
Ooc — Decay
she is startled by his compliment, but he does not pull back. no—his own drawn closer, his smile widening with his own personal enjoyment. 

oh, I already do, my lady. the purr in his voice is subtle, unfaltering. 

there is great beauty here, even beyond the riches it holds. a glance to the hallway ahead, but then his full focus is back upon her. ... yet, there are riches some seek far beyond wealth, isn't there?
Akashingo
Nebet

ogre maiden
287 Posts
Ooc — bon
Ambassador
sutekh steps close, and here the nebet draws a line. she takes one step back to give herself a little more room to breathe.

my, you are quite excitable lord sutekh. her smile becomes slightly more nervous, and stuffy heat remains across her cheeks.
yes, i am sure. though i know little of it.

Akashingo
23 Posts
Ooc — Decay
excitable. never has been called this. and yet, he doesn't seem to mind. 

he let's her take her space, though, pulling away slightly himself. he was a gentleman, after all.

you will learn of it in time, surely. there are some in each of us, even. look into your heart. there, you might find some. from a charmer, to a poet. didn't he just have all the hats to wear today. and so convenient for him that it was now, of all other times!
Akashingo
Nebet

ogre maiden
287 Posts
Ooc — bon
Ambassador
thankfully, the pace slows down. enough for her to appreciate the insight.

you must have plenty. she is no charmer nor poet, or at least she doesn't think of herself that way. she knows how to play with language only enough for prayer and politics. anything else is beyond her expertise.

what has brought you here, if you do not mind me asking.

Akashingo
23 Posts
Ooc — Decay
I have enough. a light chuckle works to conceal the instinctive grunt he expels in place of what his true answer would have been, were it not her in his company.

my father sent me here to form an alliance. as it goes for most nobles. they were breeding dolls and trading toys. nothing more. 

it was that part he hated the most. but he would complain in silence. 

I was told it was to be by marriage... he paused, then, searching for any indication of a reaction that may pose in his favor. or, unfortunately, against. pharaoh toula herself seems fond of the idea. but who knows what the future will bring.
Akashingo
Nebet

ogre maiden
287 Posts
Ooc — bon
Ambassador
racharra does not judge. she shares the same duty, too. she only had herself to blame, though, not truly understanding what that meant for an empire like akashingo.

if Pharoah wills it, it shall be. but she is kind, if i were you i would expect a list of suggested bachelorettes is all that she says. she debates if she should show her hand or keep it close to her chest.

Akashingo
23 Posts
Ooc — Decay
she is. of that, he can agree. even having only known her for such a short time, he is still certain. 

the question of whether she herself would be on that list held on his tongue. he couldn't let it slip, or else he might scare her away. and he couldn't have that. 

I am curious to see what that list might entail. but for now, I am content to learn my way here and get to know the people, for they are now mine too.
Akashingo
Nebet

ogre maiden
287 Posts
Ooc — bon
Ambassador
there is a fat chance she'd be in the list, if not at the very top. still, for as long as possible, racharra would prefer her own hunt for marriage be kept away from her prospecting suitors as much as possible.

the bachelor before her is older than her. handsome, charming, rich, but older. perhaps this would be a preferred match for akashingo, but not for herself.
still, it is the best option.

mmn. we are a good people. i hope you'll get to see that..
she is about to step away before pausing. would you like to walk with me? have you had a tour of the palace yet?

Akashingo
23 Posts
Ooc — Decay
a good people. 

he would see it. in fact, he already did. 

I have, but I wouldn't mind seeing it again. 

turning carefully, ready to leave space between them should she want it, he looked back, eyes keen upon her. lead the way, my lady. he says it as though he already has a claim upon her. 

maybe he doesn't yet. but soon, perhaps.
Akashingo
Nebet

ogre maiden
287 Posts
Ooc — bon
Ambassador
lmk if youd like to thread again!!

well, now you'll get to hear it from a nebet. she smiles, charmed but careful. 

she leads him through her favorite spots, all the while jotting down notes in her mind.
what man does she prefer? hopefully, she'll find the answer soon.