Neverwinter Forest i'm still overseas
Loner
337 Posts
Ooc — siv
All Welcome 
@Elk and @Ariadne ? meant to be set after this <3

She had hunted White Elk in the day and her prize was a proposal.

A proposal! She had meant to take him to meet her sister when she first looked for him and now she did so but with a whole other series of thoughts and things.

I would not be surprised if she knows we are coming, For Callyope basically radiated excitement! Which meant she was hardly the stealthy figure of a want-to-be hunter.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Pledged
Moongrove
60 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Similar excitement had White Elk gamboling alongside his intended, far less stately than usual. The herald had abandoned decorum for the zoomies, and this, neither was he the perfect picture of stealth. Even so, breathlessly, he asked,

"Why is that?"

For there was, perhaps, one little thing that Callyope was overlooking in him — he was not always a very smart man. Sure, he was a skilled hunter. Sure, he was thoughtful and attentive. There was just a little something missing, and he forgot himself and the noise he was making in favor of making big, doofy eyes at a pretty girl.

Even the question could likely be overheard, by then.
Pledged
Moongrove
writing letters addressed to the fire
780 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ariadne was rubbing her scent upon a tree when she saw two figures coming towards her—one she recognized well, and the other less so. Her face lit up with interest as she stopped, instantly intrigued by the tail-end of their conversation. 

Sister? she called, stepping out from the foliage and onto the worn path and squinting against the afternoon light as she studied them, wondering if the man with her was the same man she'd mentioned previously.
Loner
337 Posts
Ooc — siv
She read it as only something silly and charming. A shoulder pressed into his for a moment, the voice of her sister near enough that her ears stood tall.

As if she could be surprised when this had been the one she was looking for! They were looking for!

This is my White Elk, sister.

Her White Elk. A radiant and adoring look on her face as she gazed upon him now.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Pledged
Moongrove
60 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
They were met — snuck up on, really! — by a much smaller wolf who, all the same, had a look about her that the herald thought he recognized. Frustratingly, he could not glean her name from their greetings to one another, but he found the exchange charming all the same.

Especially the part where he was her White Elk — something that left him starry-eyed and silly-grinned even as he looked down at the sister of his prospective bride.

"Pleased to meet you," he said, eager to make her acquaintance. He bowed to her as he had to Callyope when they met. Almost like it, at least. He was trying far less hard to be charming, but it was something that came naturally to him all the same.

In the spirit of transparency, he went on, "I have just asked your sister for permission to court her — and so I know I am terribly, terribly late getting to know her family."
Pledged
Moongrove
writing letters addressed to the fire
780 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Calloype and White Elk greeted her and shared updates, making Ariadne's face light up with joy over the fantastic news. Aya! she exclaimed, pulling her sister into a bear-hug of an embrace. This is wonderful news, I am so happy for you both! 

Upon their initial encounter, she was pleasantly surprised by White Elk, finding him both polite and attractive. Assuming his behavior was sincere, which she had no cause to question, she was excited about including him in the family. However, she knew she needed to learn more about him before fully welcoming him into the fold.

She pulled away from her sister and gazed at the stranger with interest. Now, White Elk, would you mind tell me about yourself? she asked.
Loner
337 Posts
Ooc — siv
Her cheeks flushed but she held her sister tightly.

Much of it felt improper, but much more of it felt right. White Elk felt right, being courted by him felt right, introducing him to Ariadne felt right!

Next she must take him to Moonglow, to her Moon mother! For now, they parsed this conversation first. And she was prepared for her sister to tell her anything she must hear.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Pledged
Moongrove
60 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
About himself! He hardly felt he was the most interesting topic, but he understood her need to know him better. So, though he found it perilously boring, he stole a glance at Callyope to give him strength and began:

"I was born to the mountains many moons from this place. My parents are leaders of my home pack, but my siblings and I were not treated with any special deference — I understand there are princes and heirs in other places, but titles are gained through the will of the pack, where I am from. But, I grew up knowing I would one day act as herald for my sister. This means that, when she was ready to take a husband, my brothers and I would run to the four winds with our tokens, and we would tell of our sister and her great beauty and strength of character. And if they were worthy, we would give a man a token and send him back to her to be judged."

"I have been on this journey now for many, many moons. She may already be wed — but my work will not be over until I have given my last token to the last man. And I did, just two days ago."

He had even found one more to replace the one he'd given to Callyope.

"I am a simple hunter, other than that," he went on, clearly proud of his profession despite his phrasing. "It is my wish to hunt with your sister and to provide for her for the rest of my days. Nothing has ever made me quite so happy."

Limpid blue eyes implored Ariadne. He wanted to know more about her as well.