Wapun Meadow give 'em hell, kid
patron saint
are we all lost like you?
253 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Keeping this vague, since I'm not sure if Valette will give the go ahead or not! Mar and I are in the talks (:

Once he had left the man of Tartok, Merrit realized he should have asked what 'a few days' meant to him - because for all the maturity he tried to show, Merrit was still a child, and still made every rookie mistake. Inwardly, he couldn't believe he'd forgotten to ask something so obvious, but there was little he could do now except learn from his mistake, and somehow work within the boundaries of what they'd planned.

This meant more diligence for him, and Merrit quickly adopted a routine pattern of stealing to the meadow at dawn, sunhigh, and dusk to see if the man had returned, scouring the fringes for his scent, and retiring to Easthollow only when he was certain he hadn't missed Tulimaq while he had been away. It had been some days since the warrior had made his promise - what definitely felt like more than a few - but Merrit refused to believe that Tulimaq was lying when he said he would train him. He just had to keep his hopes up, and keep coming back.

Today, Merrit arrived at the meadow when the sun would have been at its highest, though he couldn't really tell. He didn't really care, and anyway, his weary mind was more taken by the tall and waiting shadow who broke up the usual horizon, and his countenance seemed to brighten. It was like every weight he carried fell off to be left in the meadow grass, and he raced with a levity he hardly felt these days at all. "Tulimaq!" he greeted in his quiet excitement, once he had drawn near enough, and a rare smile touched his face. "You came."
with quiet words I'll lead you in
Messages In This Thread
give 'em hell, kid - by Tulimaq - October 25, 2018, 03:24 PM
RE: give 'em hell, kid - by Merrit - October 25, 2018, 07:17 PM
RE: give 'em hell, kid - by Tulimaq - October 25, 2018, 08:02 PM
RE: give 'em hell, kid - by Merrit - October 29, 2018, 09:49 PM
RE: give 'em hell, kid - by Tulimaq - October 31, 2018, 09:11 PM