Ankyra Sound you're appealing to emotions that i simply do not have
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Midar's words send a small shiver down his spine, and he realizes for the first time that his lover is... well, sort of heartless. He's not very surprised, and perhaps that's the most chilling part of it; he'd expected it in a way, and the confirmation doesn't bother him as much as he knows it should. Maybe he's right anyway — what sort of idiot goes out onto a frozen lake? The thought makes him feel ugly in a way he's never experienced before.
He doesn't have long to linger on it, though. His lover's next words send a fresh wave of guilt crashing over him. He'd realized, of course, how much it would have hurt to lose Midar — but he hadn't stopped to consider the reverse, not even for a moment. He hadn't realized he was that important to him — that he could be that important to anyone at all. I'm sorry, He repeats, fighting tears now as his gaze finds Midar again. I wasn't thinking about that — but I promise I will. I'll be more careful. Another time, the words may have been said only to placate his lover, but he finds he means them here and now. He's realizing, far too slowly, that he is worth something to Midar — and he would do anything to hold onto that.
Messages In This Thread
RE: you're appealing to emotions that i simply do not have - by Alarian - January 17, 2019, 05:28 PM