Swiftcurrent Creek i'm not half the man i used to be
Everything happens rather quickly. The approach of a stranger startles him, and for a half-beat he prepares to snarl — but then he actually sees the man. His gaze widens and he goes still, gaze tracing the stranger's rippling coat before settling on his eyes. They look like the creek. His words register belatedly, but before Zephyr can open his mouth to respond, his sister is barreling onto the scene. Her arrival startles him again, this time to his feet, and heat flashes through his face. Then maman shows up, and it turns into a mess.
No! He shrieks at Lainie and maman in common (encouraged by their use of the language), fur standing on end as he turns to glare at them both. His breathing is uneven, pulse beginning to race as adrenaline floods him, though he does not quite understand why. All he understands is that his family members have ruined the interaction, and he is very upset. His next words are breathless and slightly desperate, marking the beginning of stinging hot tears gathering in his eyes. Go away! After all, this strange watery wolf is his discovery — his new friend.
common || « french »
Messages In This Thread
i'm not half the man i used to be - by Aditya - May 22, 2019, 07:09 PM
RE: i'm not half the man i used to be - by Zephyr - May 22, 2019, 08:10 PM
RE: i'm not half the man i used to be - by Aditya - May 22, 2019, 09:41 PM
RE: i'm not half the man i used to be - by Lainie - May 22, 2019, 10:01 PM
RE: i'm not half the man i used to be - by Rosalie - June 15, 2019, 12:41 AM
RE: i'm not half the man i used to be - by Zephyr - June 22, 2019, 09:02 AM
RE: i'm not half the man i used to be - by Alessia - June 22, 2019, 09:24 AM
RE: i'm not half the man i used to be - by Aditya - July 01, 2019, 10:33 PM
RE: i'm not half the man i used to be - by Lainie - July 31, 2019, 10:51 PM
RE: i'm not half the man i used to be - by Rosalie - August 11, 2019, 10:20 PM