Ankyra Sound a blackout oath i swore and meant but couldn't conjure up again
what's a little sweetheart like you
doing with a bloody nose?
576 Posts
Ooc —
Raleska's shoulders were square, but the tension through them could have given a sequoia envy. Run, you idiot, came a voice somewhere in her mind -- a smarter voice, it seemed, than the one that controlled her actions currently. She knew they were ambush wolves by trade, and still, she stupidly stood.

Maybe she was too tired to run.

It was so tiring being on guard all the time. Being defensive all the time. Waiting for that other shoe to drop. It was like living on the edge of a guillotine, never knowing when it would go up or down, or when you might be caught in between it. Raleska felt her skin crawling, and something was leaving her fast - resolve? Bravery? All she knew was she was just so tired, and now there was another wolf from her past she wished wasn't here, and when would it end if ever?

A tremble of her lip betrayed something brewing, something not yet at the surface of her stormy countenance. "Yes." She replied, still stiff and cold. She did not believe him, and it showed by the way her gaze flickered up and down the shore, expectantly. "You guys always come out in pairs, out of nowhere. Just.... make it quick." Raleska took in a deep breath and readied herself helplessly for what came next -- any second now, his friends would show up (surely they were looking for him anyway, right?), and she would be fighting for her life like she seemed to do every day. At least today, her daily demons could bleed. At least this time, if she fought back maybe, just maybe, she could
all of which makes me anxious,
at times unbearably so.
Messages In This Thread
RE: a blackout oath i swore and meant but couldn't conjure up again - by Raleska - December 14, 2019, 07:47 PM