Flycatcher Downs well, everything has changed
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,154 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Master Medic
Arlette wanted to ask more about it when Kaito admitted that his isolation had been stupid. What did that mean, that he regretted taking his distance? The questions were on the tip of her tongue but she was not brave enough to question him. While sometimes she could come off as sharp it was often her just stating the truth instead of wanting to be sharp and witty. Perhaps a few days in the travel she could ask why he went in isolation. Maybe it was just because he missed his family and had a hard time adjusting to hers. Still, she could only assume if she didn't ask.

Arlette offered him a soft smile. "I thought so," she commented with a nod. Kaito continued that he wished he met his father. She could imagine that he wanted that. "Perhaps he didn't drown? Maybe he washed up somewhere," she tried to be hopeful. Maybe it was not something Kaito liked to think about. She worried her bottom lip for a moment. The topic shifted to her father, her real father. Though in her mind Greyback had been her real father. She even called him dad now. "Oh yeah. His name was Stark. He became ill when we were little so mom took care of me and my siblings and him. He had been ill for months, and we weren't allowed to see him. Then one day when I was a few months old, he just vanished. No marks, no scents. He was just gone. Mom never got any closure. After caring for him we don't know if he left to die, or if he just left or if someone took him. It still a crazy story when I think about it," she admitted. She had not needed any closure since she never knew him.

The female dipped her head into a nod when the other explained what feter meant. It meant uncle. Interesting. Arlette listened with curiosity as the male explained about his faith. A day of rest? Her mother would probably not hear of that. She was always working and maintaining something pack related. She admired her mother for doing so. She was not sure if she would be able to do all the things she did. "I wish we had days of rest," she joked. "What did you do all day? Just nap and sleep?" she asked curiously. Arlette wasn't sure if they really had faith, with a god Kaito talked about. Arlette thought for a moment when he asked her that question. "I don't know. We do not pray to a god, as you do. Our loved ones are buried at the stones, wolves before us. I think mom came up with it when her first mate died. Also long story, my mom was a bit unlucky with mates until Greyback," she quickly added. "Anyhow. Each stone represents that past wolf and what they stood for. Not all stones have meaning yet. But the biggest one is the father stone, and next to it is the mother stone. You can ask wisdom or pray to the mother for healthy pups or to have a mother watch over you. With the father, it is more about protection I believe, and... judgment," she tried to summarize from the top of her head.

Arlette licked her lips and took a moment to pause. "There is the Father Stone, The Mother, The Warrior, The Maiden, and the Stone of Lost souls. That last one has no wolf, as it is to remind us of the loved ones we lost. That one also has a little trail of small stones all the way to the border as a guide for lost ones to follow back to the heart of the circle. I think mother is thinking of expanding it," she chatted as she continued to walk. "Really she knows more about this. I haven't really prayed to the stones that much if I am really honest." It felt like her biggest confession yet.
Messages In This Thread
well, everything has changed - by Kaito - April 05, 2020, 03:36 PM
RE: well, everything has changed - by Arlette - April 05, 2020, 03:53 PM
RE: well, everything has changed - by Kaito - April 05, 2020, 06:13 PM
RE: well, everything has changed - by Arlette - April 06, 2020, 05:52 AM
RE: well, everything has changed - by Kaito - April 07, 2020, 09:52 PM
RE: well, everything has changed - by Arlette - April 08, 2020, 02:05 PM
RE: well, everything has changed - by Kaito - April 08, 2020, 03:49 PM
RE: well, everything has changed - by Arlette - April 08, 2020, 05:34 PM
RE: well, everything has changed - by Kaito - April 19, 2020, 05:09 PM
RE: well, everything has changed - by Arlette - April 20, 2020, 05:29 AM