Seaside Moors Cause back where I come from, man, we're laughing at you
what's a little sweetheart like you
doing with a bloody nose?
576 Posts
Ooc —
Raleska flinched at Erzulie's hissed report, her ears flat to her skull once more. An old sulkiness returned to her features - it was that abstract sullenness that had often adorned her countenance when Caiaphas childed her. Only now, she was being childed by someone else.

I'm not a child! She wanted to scream -- how she hated being treated like one! Yet in that moment, that's exactly what she was, and she was bitterly cognizant of it. She had acted childishly, stupidly -- and now she and all of Rusalka would pay the price.

If only she could transform the lives in her stomach to stone.

"Drageda is dead." Raleska rejoined stubbornly. God willing, if these brats in her guts ever saw the light of day, they would not know of Drageda. "It's been fourish weeks." Maybe more, maybe less. All she knew was it had been long enough for change to come to her body, and for mornings to be uneasy and sleep full of discomfort. Was this what motherhood was like, punishing and uncomfortable? Was that the cost of the new life that stirred in her body?

Well, it was a shit trade. A shit trade for a shit situation. None of it was fair - why couldn't men undergo this unfavorable transition? Why was the yokel of reproduction noosed sharply around women, and so tightly too?

"What do I do?"
all of which makes me anxious,
at times unbearably so.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Cause back where I come from, man, we're laughing at you - by Raleska - April 23, 2020, 12:21 PM