Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,125 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay frowned when Fennec said that it was never going to work and that no one would ever think that she could do anything. Eljay knew that feeling only too well. Even though he'd helped Towhee a lot with Meerkat when she was just born and she seemed to have found some sort of newfound recognition for the caretaker, he had always felt nervous around Towhee. Wolves like Towhee and Niamh who were strong, confident and bold just didn't really see the Eljays of the world, he felt, and when they did they just saw losers who weren't as fit and capable as the other wolves in the pack. He didn't feel like those wolves really saw him, even despite his help with their pregnancies and even despite hunting alongside them.

Fennec's problem was perhaps a bit different than his -- he was just a bit of a loser in the eyes of others, and she was, well, blind -- but in the end they both had some sort of disability that made others not see them for what they could do. Then show them that you can. Perhaps a lot of wolves would be blown away by what Eljay said next, but he genuinely believed that Fennec could be a good caretaker despite her disability and he wanted to prove it to the world, too. What happened back there? He just wanted to hear her side of the story too before he drew any conclusions. He just wished he hadn't gone off to fetch herbs so that he would've been right there and could've acted then instead of in hindsight.
Messages In This Thread
RE: And I'll hate myself for checking as if I don't know - by Eljay - September 18, 2020, 05:00 AM