Noctisardor Bypass Yeah, and I'm still giving 'em hell
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,537 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Sarah disappearing was about what she expected.  Her older sister had less to hold her here and honestly seemed, last time, like she needed some time away.  Hopefully she'd found what she was looking for!  Maybe she'd even gone back home.  She was still musing on that idly when Arbiter's next blunt statement hit her like a freight train.

It was probably visible that it took a second to sink in and register.  The details she provided after were a buzz in the aftermath, and the only parts Maia really caught were 'mountain lions' and 'didn't make it back'.  Maia stared at Arbiter, shell-shocked, until she brought up Ibis.  She did spare a thought to wonder why, briefly, Arbiter might be looking for them.  It wasn't relevant, but.... they were a family of wanderers.  Their home pack was well outside Teekon and, outside of that, they were nothing like the Redhawks or the Blackthorns.  The only real unit they'd had was Wraen and Maia, and even that split frequently.

To deliver the news.  That can't be right.  He can't be.  Maia couldn't respond for a minute, and when she found her voice, it was hitched.  Ibis is with us.  We've been staying by Redhawk Caldera.  I... was coming to tell you all that.  Coming to tell Terance that.  Sorry.  Just...  she trailed off, not sure what else to say.  Are you sure was a tempting one, but she bit it off because of course.  This was his family, they'd know, even better than she would. Terance.  Her eyes welled up, but she tried to shove it down.  Not here.
Messages In This Thread
Yeah, and I'm still giving 'em hell - by Maia - November 29, 2020, 02:24 PM
RE: Yeah, and I'm still giving 'em hell - by Arbiter - November 29, 2020, 06:22 PM
RE: Yeah, and I'm still giving 'em hell - by Maia - November 30, 2020, 01:39 PM
RE: Yeah, and I'm still giving 'em hell - by Arbiter - December 02, 2020, 01:37 AM
RE: Yeah, and I'm still giving 'em hell - by Maia - December 04, 2020, 02:32 AM
RE: Yeah, and I'm still giving 'em hell - by Arbiter - December 20, 2020, 01:43 AM
RE: Yeah, and I'm still giving 'em hell - by Maia - December 23, 2020, 02:18 AM
RE: Yeah, and I'm still giving 'em hell - by Arbiter - January 03, 2021, 09:43 PM
RE: Yeah, and I'm still giving 'em hell - by Maia - January 05, 2021, 01:15 AM
RE: Yeah, and I'm still giving 'em hell - by Arbiter - January 17, 2021, 07:33 PM