Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,130 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay pressed himself gently against Maia as she took in the view that he was showing her from atop the Caldera's slopes. He was glad that she appreciated the view. It was important for Eljay to show her how much this place meant to him. It was hard to comprehend even for himself, and even harder to sum up or explain to anyone else. Yeah. When we first moved away from here, to the Plateau, I really missed it. I thought it was because it was so wet and marshy there, and I'm sure it counted, but I think I might've also just missed feeling like I'm a part of the world, too. Then when I moved to the Copse, I made a home of my own and it didn't matter as much to be a part of what was going on outside. I could just sort of forget about it. Until the children reached the age where they wanted to explore, though. How he'd tried to keep them from that, but it hadn't been a realistic expectation and in the end, partly his own stubbornness, he felt, had cost him and the world Elfie.

And now? Now, he was back at the Caldera, and he was at a crossroads. Make a home for his own in the Fen like he had the Copse, and feel less connected to the world and his roots, or stay here and make it into a home that hopefully would appeal to Maia enough. He wasn't so sure what he wanted, even now, because he loved both Maia and the Caldera. Fennec being wounded and in need of care made the decision a bit easier for now; it meant that for now, he was needed here, so he had to stay here.

Maia suggested that he could come with her on a trip if he wanted to. Eljay had actually wanted to explore a bit more, though he hadn't really done so very much (at all) since the pack had moved back to the Caldera. Days turned into weeks and he'd had reasons enough to keep him here, too. Patients and rekindling with his old home. I think I would like that, he said, though his tone was careful. He did not want to set too high expectations; he'd never be a scout, but maybe they could look at some surrounding territories, or something. Where.. where would we go?
Messages In This Thread
So I've made an art out of forgettin' well - by Maia - December 06, 2020, 03:28 PM
RE: So I've made an art out of forgettin' well - by Eljay - December 08, 2020, 04:26 AM
RE: So I've made an art out of forgettin' well - by Maia - December 08, 2020, 10:21 AM
RE: So I've made an art out of forgettin' well - by Eljay - December 08, 2020, 06:04 PM
RE: So I've made an art out of forgettin' well - by Maia - December 08, 2020, 06:15 PM
RE: So I've made an art out of forgettin' well - by Eljay - December 09, 2020, 06:09 AM
RE: So I've made an art out of forgettin' well - by Maia - December 09, 2020, 10:50 AM
RE: So I've made an art out of forgettin' well - by Eljay - December 10, 2020, 04:24 AM
RE: So I've made an art out of forgettin' well - by Maia - December 10, 2020, 10:22 AM
RE: So I've made an art out of forgettin' well - by Eljay - December 14, 2020, 07:45 AM
RE: So I've made an art out of forgettin' well - by Maia - December 14, 2020, 11:30 AM
RE: So I've made an art out of forgettin' well - by Eljay - December 16, 2020, 05:37 AM
RE: So I've made an art out of forgettin' well - by Maia - December 16, 2020, 08:50 AM
RE: So I've made an art out of forgettin' well - by Eljay - December 16, 2020, 09:41 AM
RE: So I've made an art out of forgettin' well - by Maia - December 16, 2020, 11:01 AM
RE: So I've made an art out of forgettin' well - by Eljay - December 17, 2020, 05:48 AM
RE: So I've made an art out of forgettin' well - by Maia - December 18, 2020, 07:59 PM
RE: So I've made an art out of forgettin' well - by Eljay - December 24, 2020, 06:29 AM
RE: So I've made an art out of forgettin' well - by Maia - December 26, 2020, 10:47 AM
RE: So I've made an art out of forgettin' well - by Eljay - January 05, 2021, 04:05 AM
RE: So I've made an art out of forgettin' well - by Maia - January 08, 2021, 09:20 PM
RE: So I've made an art out of forgettin' well - by Eljay - January 13, 2021, 04:28 AM