Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,125 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay moved to Maia's side and he tried to comfort her best he could. Some guy he didn't know at all showed up to offer his condolences, and Eljay grimaced as he watched him, looking appreciative of his offers. Thank you, he said with a solemn nod. He didn't know this man, but he seemed like a good person if he would come here and offer his support despite that. He must be someone that Maia knew, considering the circumstances. He came bringing a gift to boot. It would be nice not to have to worry about hunting for a little bit.

But then came what Ibis said, and Eljay knew that Maia would explode. He was barely containing himself following the death of his long-time friend, and he felt an immediate anger at Ibis for saying something like that. Eljay didn't know how to deal with this conflict, especially considering how Ibis seemed to be completely unaware of how painful her words were. Ibis was a good person. She didn't mean to be out of line. But she still was.

Eljay frowned and said, I think it's best if you leave for now and let us grieve. His voice was level and collected, though it was clear from his face that he was barely holding himself together at the moment. Thanks for stopping by. He didn't at all understand the miscommunication, and his own state — tired, having been with Teya and Bridget to bury Wraen, all of it — didn't help. He stood stiffly before the den, waiting for Ibis and Akavir to leave them be.
Messages In This Thread