Duskfire Glacier die with memories, not dreams
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Lane listened to the story attentively, and when it was through, she felt like she understood Askari so much better. No wonder she seemed so set in her ways, and so judgmental of others-- she'd spent her entire childhood being brainwashed! Even so, Askari had still managed to overcome her indoctrination when the moment of truth came. That, in Lane's opinion, spoke volumes of the strength of her character. 

"Of course you couldn't," Lane agreed wholeheartedly with Askari. "You couldn't be expected to go through life as a puppet of your father's." She walked a few wolfslengths in silence before continuing. "Medicine was not my choice, or my passion.." she admitted. "..it was just the way of life in my family. It was the only real skill my parents had to pass on, and they taught me so I would have some way to support myself. They taught me what they knew, and then released me into the world to follow my own destiny." Her own pups would also follow their own destinies. "Your father never should have tried to take control of yours." Her destiny, that is. 

Because they still had a ways to go, Lane posed another question. 

"If you had been able to lead your pack exactly the way you wanted, what would you have changed?" Why yes, she was (shamelessly) trying to squeeze some more leadership advice out of Askari. The woman had been raised to be a leader after all; surely there must have been a few nuggets of wisdom that found their way into her upbringing... her father couldn't have been completely unhinged, if he had command of a pack.
Messages In This Thread
die with memories, not dreams - by Askari - November 16, 2021, 11:12 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Lane - November 17, 2021, 03:47 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Askari - November 17, 2021, 04:07 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Lane - November 17, 2021, 04:37 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Askari - November 17, 2021, 04:54 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Lane - November 19, 2021, 09:05 AM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Askari - November 19, 2021, 01:17 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Lane - November 20, 2021, 10:47 AM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Askari - November 22, 2021, 12:05 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Lane - November 22, 2021, 05:39 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Askari - November 22, 2021, 10:45 PM