Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,119 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay nodded and he took a deep breath. Yeah, you're right, he said eventually, even though he still felt nervous to tell them about it. He wasn't sure if he should just start off by telling them they were moving, or first tell them about their home. They were old enough to face the truth, he thought, but perhaps it would be better if they first heard a bit of good things about it...

They gathered @Roswell , @Sylvie and @Hymnal to tell them, and Eljay glanced briefly at Maia before he started: I was born in a place called Redhawk Caldera. It meant a lot to me when I grew up. It was home to me, like this place is home to you guys. It's where some of our family lived up until recently, too. There's a lake and there's a lot to see because it's on a bit of a mountain — but the inside is all flat. It's... Eljay tried to find the words, not sure where he was going with it and quite clearly feeling nervous; an emotion he didn't have often in front of his kids.

I know the Fen is home, he said with a nervous exhaled sigh, But the food is... There isn't enough right now for us, for the pack. We need to go somewhere that has more food for now, and we decided that it would be best to move to Redhawk Caldera, for now. It's totally okay to be upset or miss the Fen a lot. I'll miss it a lot, too. We just wanted to tell you now, so you can get used to the idea a bit before we make the move. Eljay looked at the kids, and he hoped that they would take the change well — both in this moment as well as when they actually moved. Ironically, he felt that Elfie would've loved a change like that, but with his current kids, he had a feeling like it'd be the opposite.
Messages In This Thread
Everyone you love has built it - by Maia - December 30, 2021, 12:45 PM
RE: Everyone you love has built it - by Eljay - December 31, 2021, 06:13 AM
RE: Everyone you love has built it - by Maia - January 01, 2022, 11:43 AM
RE: Everyone you love has built it - by Eljay - January 05, 2022, 07:57 AM
RE: Everyone you love has built it - by Maia - January 05, 2022, 09:40 AM
RE: Everyone you love has built it - by Eljay - January 06, 2022, 08:29 AM
RE: Everyone you love has built it - by Maia - January 06, 2022, 01:04 PM
RE: Everyone you love has built it - by Eljay - January 07, 2022, 04:52 AM
RE: Everyone you love has built it - by Maia - January 08, 2022, 12:23 PM
RE: Everyone you love has built it - by Eljay - January 11, 2022, 07:47 AM
RE: Everyone you love has built it - by Maia - January 11, 2022, 01:24 PM