Redhawk Caldera Out where the water is wide
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,545 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Maia hadn't meant to dredge up those memories but she should have known better, mentioning Wraen.  Her mind was so focused on the worry and the parallels that she hadn't even considered Teya might take something else from her statement.

I'm sorry.  I didn't... you were fine.  I barely knew anyone then, and it was so easy to hide when I had the kids to care for.  Her ears went back slightly with concern.  Teya hadn't done anything wrong.  Maia felt like she was the one who'd spent months isolated, letting her grief overwhelm her.  She didn't blame herself for it too badly, though, considering it had been one of the worst times in her life this far.  There were worse ways she could have handled it.

I miss it.  I think moving was good for me too, but the forests here just...  she trailed off in her confession, then shook her head and smiled.  Everyone was happy here, and there were probably others like Teya who saw ghosts in the fen.  Eljay was home here and he was Maia's home.  Anyway. I think I understand.  She might not feel the same way but she had once before.  Her parents' old forest, the place where they'd died, wasn't a place she ever intended to see again.
Messages In This Thread
Out where the water is wide - by Maia - September 14, 2022, 11:05 AM
RE: Out where the water is wide - by Teya - September 18, 2022, 03:24 PM
RE: Out where the water is wide - by Maia - September 18, 2022, 06:12 PM
RE: Out where the water is wide - by Teya - September 19, 2022, 05:17 PM
RE: Out where the water is wide - by Maia - September 19, 2022, 06:41 PM
RE: Out where the water is wide - by Teya - September 20, 2022, 06:51 PM
RE: Out where the water is wide - by Maia - September 21, 2022, 01:20 AM
RE: Out where the water is wide - by Teya - September 21, 2022, 04:36 PM
RE: Out where the water is wide - by Maia - September 21, 2022, 05:49 PM
RE: Out where the water is wide - by Teya - September 23, 2022, 01:50 PM
RE: Out where the water is wide - by Maia - September 24, 2022, 02:06 AM