Permafrost Hollows In my life, I have seen people walk into the sea
Brecheliant
Family
819 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Bridget wondered if it would help Keen to know that she was in good company. There wasn't a wolf she'd met in the past few years, she felt, that was good at it. The fact that she was even willing to try put her past any of the ones she'd tried to help previously. All of them had chosen, at different points, to shut her out indefinitely.

She listened quietly and attentively. It was a struggle she could relate to on a variety of levels, though she wouldn't make it about herself right this moment. She knew what it was like to miss a span of time and feel like that mistake cost you everything.

Maybe a good start is knowing that, as your friend, I'm not going to judge you for the things you regret. I've got enough of my own, and I'm definitely willing to share those anytime, if it would help.

Her story echoed so many elements of Sorana's. A family that she felt had moved on without her, relationships she felt she'd destroyed. So you wanted to come back here, to see if they were gone too? And it appeared they were. Gone didn't necessarily mean they hadn't just moved on, and couldn't be found again, but the world was big and Bridget knew better than to offer platitudes.
Messages In This Thread
RE: In my life, I have seen people walk into the sea - by Bridget - April 30, 2023, 09:51 PM