Permafrost Hollows In my life, I have seen people walk into the sea
Brecheliant
Family
819 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Bridget had no way to know how her designation affected Keen, though it had been a choice to keep things casual right now. Between the absences and the current emotional struggle, trying to label what they were would only complicate things. Two short dates didn't feel like enough for her to assume Keen wanted more - or to know if she should look for it. Bridget had a bit of armor of her own to contend with.

I don't think that's something we can make ourselves do, nice as that would be. We feel what we feel, and I think we have to accept that first, maybe. There's no right way to lose things. She looked to where Keen was, as if she were also looking for any trace of the wolves who might have lived here before. It makes sense.

Losing things, and missing them, doesn't have to come at the cost of new ones, though. Bridget wondered if this was why she avoided the Moonspear herself lately, or took trips. Why she threw herself into studying the history of packs, learning about everyone else while she hid herself from them and seemingly erased herself from the story.
Messages In This Thread
RE: In my life, I have seen people walk into the sea - by Bridget - April 30, 2023, 10:31 PM