Wheeling Gull Isle Hello World
Loner
I will carry cross and song where I don't belong
56 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
welcome again!! :D haha I hope you don't mind a little guy coming your way!

He knew he shouldn't be out here.

Moonlight reflected off the still ocean waters, inky blue, under the early autumn sky. The light seemed to be dimming from Sweetharbour faster and faster these days. Shorter than they'd been at his start - but he wasn't afraid of the dark. Maybe that was why he wasn't so scared of his littlest siblings, who seemed to be causing more and more and more trouble these days than it was really worth keeping track of. And, okay, he was willing to admit that they were kind of weird. Aaaand he kind of got where Dee and the others were coming from when he thought he saw them thinking so.

But weird didn't mean bad, did it? It just kinda meant... different. Right?

Right.

But sometimes, everyone was way too different, and seven whole siblings was just way too much. So tonight, he snuck out.

In daytime, someone was always following him somewhere. Would nighttime be any different? He'd checked over his shoulder again to make sure no one -- no one! -- followed him this time. No Ana, no Judah, not even Dee. And once he was sure of it, he ran. Somewhere he didn't have to worry about what someone else would see, or what someone else would copy. He knew his responsibilities as the eldest -- he loved them! He just... needed to figure out a way to shirk them sometimes when he needed to.

And that wasn't bad... wasn't it?

It felt it, but he carried down to the shoreline anyway, feeling less and less guilty the further he got from the den. He couldn't hear any pawsteps behind him, and no clicking noises, either. That could only mean he'd made the escape!

What he didn't see was the shadow moving about the beach. He'd turned his eyes seaward, filled with wonder at the starlight dancing off the waters.
Messages In This Thread
Hello World - by Nakano - September 06, 2023, 12:11 AM
RE: Hello World - by Simeon - September 07, 2023, 10:11 PM
RE: Hello World - by Nakano - September 08, 2023, 05:23 AM
RE: Hello World - by Simeon - October 21, 2023, 09:39 PM
RE: Hello World - by Nakano - October 31, 2023, 02:01 AM