Wheeling Gull Isle gethsemane
I will carry cross and song where I don't belong
47 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Read Only 
Days in darkness rolling by
And how the years betray us
And our dreams escape us

Heda behind him, Malakai elsewhere, Simeon entered the Lion's Den alone. Its mouth gaped open to the cloud riddled sky, obscuring the light of moon and star. Darkness swallowed the world.

The world I wanted turned to night
Love became a shadow
Where did the time go?

Words exchanged, none unspoken. They pressed in on him like shifting sands, like rocks strewn down the hillside to strike those rocks below. Which would be the one to break? Or would they break him first.

Someone said this is all part of the plan

Mama had brought them here, once. Where God speaks in another voice. But as he stepped into the cavern, he couldn't help but wonder - would he hear anything at all? An answer to that need to know, of where to go, of when to leave, to stay. Was Dinah right? Had He really left them? Was Kai right? That He was only here? Would He answer, even with all his doubts and sins and questions stacked up around him?

He knew the Scriptures. Now he lived them --

But I don't understand
I will carry cross and song where I don't belong
47 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Now that I walk through the valley of death

He had only been this deep inside the Lion's Den once, during those long days between Judah's death and dad's final breath. Sorrow mixed with hope. That dad would wake up.

You're the light that guides me

That dad would smile again.

Even when I can't see

That dad would put a paw around him and draw him in and tell him in some silly way that everything was going to be okay.

Now, he was alone, and the walls had never been so dark.

I'm holding on with all the strength I can

Mom had brought them here, too, when they were younger and Judah was surely alive and Dinah still believed. Out of them all, only Malakai remained constant, with faith unwavering. Malakai. Had he ever doubted? Ever needed anything more? He and Judah had seemed tethered like a steady ship, even when the waves crashed against them. He and Dee were like broken rudders, tossed about, and now, Dinah had turned her face away from God and wanted nothing more to do with Him.

And Simeon was afraid.

Say You won't forget me

What had stopped him from doing the same? Because at the end of the day, it was Dee whom he had always seen himself reflected in the most.

'Cause sometimes I don't believe,
That I am not alone in the valley of death.