The Sentinels Does anybody hear her? Can anybody see?
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
222 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
All Welcome 
AW! Don’t feel the need to match the first post. I got carried away with details. Lol.

On this day, Raindrop had decided to wander the east side of the plateau. She descended down the to the lower lands in search of food and to satisfy that wandering urge that creeped up. 

As she reached the ground level, she was met face to face with a an old charred forest. A giant tree graveyard known as The Sentinels. What a sight it was to see, the land a mix of ashen blacks and snow white, like a world without color. She put her nose to the ground, finding a rabbit’s trail, and followed suit, venture in among the ashen giants.

She made it half way into the forest, and had caught sight of the rabbit she’d been tracking. As she lowered herself, engaging hunting mode, she stalked the rabbit quietly, on gentle paws. — 5 feet away from her target…. A crack! The rabbit bounded off like a shot, as the noise rang out. Raindrop went to stand, ears erect, but what the rabbit heard, she didn’t. Quick as it rained down upon her, she had no warning until she’d been pinned, flat on the ground. She let out a yelp, turning her head to look behind her: A dead ashen branch had fallen on the back half of her body. She didn’t dare move, adrenaline helping to stave off any pain, but that wouldn’t last long. 

In hopes to reach anyone’s ears, a howling cry filled the air!
Active weekdays: 
Most days of the week. (Subject to change)
(PST: Pacific Standard Time)
I will carry cross and song where I don't belong
47 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
He'd stayed near the bay the next few days after meeting the strange wolf on the shores. Gone from home long enough his absence wouldn't worry anyone longer than it probably already had - though he remained eager to find his way home, and get there soon... whatever home even meant to him now. By and large, he just wanted Malakai and mom to know he was safe. He'd missed both check-ins with them already.

But after losing his way more than once, Simeon decided to take a bit of extra time deciding which direction to scout out first. Was the Isle right or left? Now that he'd found the ocean again, he felt safe charting inland to see if he could find some precipice to stand on to get a better view of the horizon.

As he moved about the forest, though, a cry stopped him dead in his tracks.

And all of a sudden he was a flurry of tawny fur, hurtling to where the howl had sounded. Hold on! he called back, boyish voice cracking, I'm coming!

He would almost run past her, concealed as she was on the forest floor - only to skitter to a clumsy break when he noticed the heavy branches of a broken tree gave way to the shape of a wolf.
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
222 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
It was a while before anybody had responded, shown up, but someone up above led this young man to her. He replied to her cry for help, and raced to the scene. She breathed out brief relief, a pained smile upon her muzzle, as she watched the tawny, red highlighted wolf approach.

She was scared, starting to ache, yet blessed to have help, tears began to leak from her pale blue eyes. “Help.” She whimpered to the boy, “Help me.”

She looked back at the branch, but still didn’t dare move, for fear of the pain or worsening what ever was harmed.
Active weekdays: 
47 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Praise God he had found her! That He had made sure he wasn't already too far away to hear. She looked older than him, but honestly couldn't have been far out of youth herself. He could hardly glance at her eyes without feeling the sting of tears, but he blinked then aside. She was clearly scared, and she didn't need him blubbering around and making things worse.

It's okay, miss. I'm gonna getcha out. How he'd do that was the next matter. If only he were string, like Samson! A better man -- but boy would that be helpful! Instead he had himself, and God had put him here and not someone bigger or stronger. So he asked for wisdom, and trusted even his weakness would be enough.

He needed to lift the branch without hurting himself or the girl any more than she was already hurt, and he glanced around the woods for anything he could use to leverage the fallen tree.

Patterns pieced together in his mind; he hurried to where a stone lay half buried in the dirt and began to dig it out.

It'll just be a sec, dirt sprayed behind him as he unearthed the stone, I'm going to use this rock and another tree to lift the branch off your back. Maybe you could tell me about yourself or something while I work, surely that would be good to keep her mind from thinking through the alternatives if his plan didn't work...
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
222 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
He had assured her that he would get her out, somehow. She watched him analyze the situation, looking around at their surroundings. He must have found something of use, as he dash off, dug into the dirt and snow, and then brought back…. A rock? In her scattered mind, it was hard to do any deep thinking, but fortunately he had explained what he was hoping to achieve with that very rock.

It appeared he was going to use it as if it were a lever, or something to jack up the branch. He offered to her to talk about herself, most likely as a way to distract her. She mustered up what strength she could. “First of all, thank you. You’re a blessing.” I’m-“ she grimaced, “Raindrop. Raindrop of Village Moontide, just up upon the plateau west of here.” “I was tracking down some breakfast, a rabbit- but then this happened, out of the blue.“ 

This really worked, definitely took her mind off the situation, to a degree. “What’s your name? I must know.”
Active weekdays: 
47 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
A blessing! Well, he wasn't so sure yet. After all, he didn't know if his plan would work or only make things worse. But he did blush under her compliment, and Simeon was grateful he had thick enough fur to cover the rosy glow.

He listened while she talked, and he felt another pang of sorrow. It wasn't even like she'd been doing anything different than what any other wolf would have done in the day. And what if she'd been a few more steps behind, and the tree had fallen on the whole of her instead? One glance at the branch's sharp prongs. Simeon shuddered to think it, so he didn't anymore. 

Her mention of Moontide, though, was something he could linger on. And thankfully, sure asked him a question, too. A grace as his mind began to slip to thoughts of dad again.

He heaved the stone into place. Name's Simeon Redhawk, and he was glad to bear it. It kept him close to mom and to dad. He positioned himself beside another fallen tree, sizeable but alright enough to carry. From nowhere much anymore.

He grabbed hold of the trunk and pulled. One tug, two tug -- there! The tree worked free, and in his moment of breath, said, I've heard of Moonspear, but not Moontide. You guys related? What his luck if they were! He grabbed the truck again and he dragged it across the ground towards the rock and where Raindrop waited.
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
222 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
He prepared the rock, all the while continuing to distract her and working on hopefully freeing her. He said his name is Simeon Redhawk, and that he didn’t have much of a home anymore, and she would have thought about this more if she wasn’t under pressure. 

He dragged over another tree to accompany the rock, and she focus as much as she could on his work. After this was all over, she would be beyond grateful to this young man.

“That’s a strong name.” She replied, “And yes. Moontide is -“ a groan, “related to Moonglow and Moonspear. Sister packs.”

We’ll let the first attempt be successful. I have to show my character “some” mercy. :D

Active weekdays: 
47 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Sorry for the wait, it's been a busy week! <3 Also that sounds good to me haha! :D

A strong name. Huh, he supposed so, though he hadn't really thought about it until now. His parents had given them each a strong name, hadn't they? Judah. Malakai. Even Dinah. The strength of their names hadn't made Sweetharbour any stronger, hadn't changed much, in the end - but they did remind him of where he was from. Who he was. Who had loved him. Who still did.

Thanks, was all he said, and he shimmied one end of the tree just under the branch draped across Raindrop's back.

His eyes lit up - sister packs! - but the time for chatter had passed, and as much as he wanted to ask her right now if Raindrop knew Towhee, if she had ever been to Moonspear, if she could show him the way, they both had to focus.

Hold the thought, he said, to let her know they weren't quite done with this conversation yet, I'm ready to lift. On the count of three, I'll put my whole weight on the log and when you feel the branch ease off you - when, and not if, - you get outta there, fast as you can, got it? When he heard her okay, he would sound the countdown, One - paws ready, - two - oh Adonai, let this work, - three!

And he pushed down on the log with all his might.
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
222 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
It’s all good. I know what busy weeks are like. :D

The time had come, and that time is now. After a quick thanks in response to her comment, he held any further thoughts as he stated that he was ready to lift. To free her! She nodded in understanding, taking each instruction seriously, and to three along with him, but quietly. 1… 2… 3…

With all his might, the young man put his weight against the tree branch, and the lifting of it off her body gave her a glimmer of hope. As soon as it lifted, she pulled herself forward just enough to gain a foot or two in distance. She called back to him, “You can let it go, Simeon!”, a more joyous tone in her voice. She made an effort to stand on all fours, but her right hind leg sent a shock of pain as she put weight upon it, causing her to stumble, but not fall. She decided to settle in a sitting position, pampering the right back side. 

“How can I ever thank you, Simeon?” Was the first she asked, for this young man had done her more than a favor, he saved her.
Active weekdays: 
47 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
<3 thank you! Also, do we want to wrap this up and maybe start a new one at Moontide?

Did she move? Was she moving? Simeon bit his tongue and furrowed his brow, gaze transfixed on the stripped birch bark, making sure his shoulder didn't slip from the narrow tree. He didn't look to see.

Raindrop seemed to notice.

At the sound of her joy - now coming from some couple feet over his head, Simeon sprung away from the fallen tree, and the branch that had once trapped the girl thunked back to the thawing ground. Praise God! he yipped up to the heavens, but quieted once he saw Raindrop falter on her paws.

He rushed to her, but stopped short of nosing her over - remembering that this was still a stranger, and not Dee. Oh. But he would see her soon, wouldn't he? Hope spilled around the girl's gratitude.

Let me help you back to Moontide. You're hurt, I don't want you going alone, he didn't think she'd say no to that, and then, can you show me how to find Moonspear? I have an aunt who lives there, and I need to find her. Because finding her would be finding family, and maybe she could help him find the rest.
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
222 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
Sure thing! :D And a thank you to you, Jaclyn. That sounds just fine.

The young man sung a praise, the tree thunking as it feel to the ground once more. He rushed over to help her as she faltered, and she leaned towards him. She couldn’t thank him enough, at least not with words, but she would do what she could to help him get to wherever he needed to go. 

“Thank you, Simeon, thank you! Yes, I will do whatever I can to help you find your aunt.” A big smile on grew her face, despite the pain in her hip. She nosed his cheek in gratitude, then rose to her feet. As she stood, wobbly, she again leaned into his body as he would walk her back to Moontide.

“What is your aunt’s name?” She asked curiously.
Active weekdays: