Redhawk Caldera the memories come and come
Brecheliant
Raven*
399 Posts
Ooc — delaney
it is chickadee's mother that arrives first, though in their brief visit here the first time, they had met perhaps briefly; a glimpse and quickened introduction if any at all. he'd been chickadee's guard, that time, not intended and he didn't expect any of her family to have spared him much of a second glance.

hello, he greets at her approach; bowing his head in proper submission. desperate to make a good, real first impression. their approval of him was so important, in so many ways.

yes, i am kivaluk, their first hunter. he introduces with formality, including his rank though he offered her the translated version of it instead. his nerves were beginning to eat at him again and he takes a deep breath, not realizing that he was perhaps not helping the fact that she thought something might be wrong.

what? no! no, nothing's wrong. he's quick to assure her, offering her a sheepishly apologetic quirk of his lips. i'm here on tradition, a nervous clear of his throat is given. i'm courting your daughter and you and your husband's approval is very important. to chickadee and to me. i've come to prove myself worthy to be her husband by offering my services to you as hunter and warrior.

he felt sure he was not doing a good job at explaining the tradition, that he lacked the eloquence in which his mom had spoken the words to him. it only occurs to him with soft, flushing horror that he'd forgotten the deerskin he was supposed to bring them in his nerves.
Messages In This Thread
the memories come and come - by Kivaluk - November 12, 2023, 12:01 PM
RE: the memories come and come - by Maia - November 13, 2023, 02:33 AM
RE: the memories come and come - by Kivaluk - November 23, 2023, 06:13 AM
RE: the memories come and come - by Maia - November 23, 2023, 09:26 AM
RE: the memories come and come - by Kivaluk - November 23, 2023, 12:57 PM
RE: the memories come and come - by Maia - November 28, 2023, 10:07 AM
RE: the memories come and come - by Kivaluk - November 29, 2023, 01:58 PM
RE: the memories come and come - by Maia - December 23, 2023, 11:23 AM
RE: the memories come and come - by Kivaluk - December 27, 2023, 06:17 AM
RE: the memories come and come - by Maia - January 07, 2024, 12:33 PM
RE: the memories come and come - by Kivaluk - January 10, 2024, 05:05 AM