Moonsong Glacier allegations
Morningside
Chief*
Sword of the Morning
544 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Historian
Gonna go ahead and get started. Fjall, if you still want to jump in, feel free to say he arrived with the others!
Although the panther did not want to explain any of this twice, he saw the wisdom in priming Silenthunter before the others arrived. He would not be able to pay as close attention to her otherwise, and he might not notice if she was confused.

"Cloudwoman and Kaluktuk have departed from us," he said aloud for Sulukinak's benefit, signing along in ptero as best as he could. "They left without word after the hunt. Their trail led north. I did not follow far. Now we will ask moonwoman what she would have us do — as we are not much of a moon village without a moondaughter among us."

And then the others began to arrive, and the panther breathed out as soft sigh.

"It is good to see your face, Leith," he said to the other man, feeling a spike of relief he hadn't quite accepted. But this, he realized, was the only wolf here he could have a real, normal conversation with, at this point.

And then Fallen Sun arrived! Relief shifted to warm gladness, and he looked between the few gathered here and stepped in close, so that the others might as well. They sat together, then, in a circle of near equals. Dutch, however, was the eldest — and in possession of an irrepressible urge to set things and people into order.

"We did not capture the evil one on our hunt," he said to them, sharing news he had not yet shared with Towhee. His ptero was just a little clunky with so many eyes watching, but he did his best. "We must keep a sharp eye on our borders. You will know him by his dark fur, and by the wound our seal hunter friend left on his back. If you see this man, do not approach him yourself. He is known to summon a bear to his aide. The last one marked me here, and helped him to escape."

He indicated the slashes on his hip.

"I gather us here also to tell you that our cloudwoman has gone away with Kaluktuk. She did not say if or when she would return. She did not say where she was going. She did not say she was going at all. Still, their steps led me north until it was prudent I turn back."

His gaze passed wearily between their faces, a spike of despair going through him as he wondered how much, if any, the red man had understood.

"We will ask moonwoman what should be done," he said to them. "If she will send more sunshine people, or if we will go to join them."

With this, the floor was open. His burnished gaze implored each wolf to speak their mind.
Messages In This Thread
allegations - by Dutch - January 15, 2024, 06:27 PM
RE: allegations - by Sulukinak - January 15, 2024, 09:06 PM
RE: allegations - by Towhee Jr - January 16, 2024, 05:28 AM
RE: allegations - by Leith - January 16, 2024, 06:33 PM
RE: allegations - by Fallen Sun - January 18, 2024, 11:08 PM
RE: allegations - by Dutch - January 19, 2024, 10:38 AM
RE: allegations - by Leith - January 19, 2024, 05:09 PM
RE: allegations - by Sulukinak - January 19, 2024, 10:33 PM
RE: allegations - by Dutch - February 04, 2024, 06:32 PM