Hushed Willows oneiropólisi
Hushed Willows
Lead Singer
the weeping prophet
106 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
<33333 WELL well well you must have read my mind!!

The flames had been a vision. Not real - but they had led him here. Though Everett had never eaten the hallucinogens placed before him in the Gilded Sea, his eyes sometimes saw beyond that which the average wolf could see - yet his mind was not compromised. He'd never lost his wits, and he had since learned his visions did not come from any mushroom slipped under his nose. They came from someone wholly Other.

And He had led him here.

Reverie was crying, and it was such a familiar scene. They had done this before, but those times had been riddled with anxiety, indecision, grief. An eventual parting.

But no more.

Unlike those times, she did not immediately wrap him in her arms. She surveyed him, but he did not feel studied. He did not feel judged. In fact, he only felt tired. So, so tired. Fragile. Small.

Reverie, he breathed out, and soon, she entwined him again, like golden ribbons falling into place in a broken tapestry. And while he buried his nose against the soft down of her neck, he breathed in - exhaled - but he didn't cry. It's okay.

It's going to be okay.

Would it be? Darkness tugged at this world's brightest corners. He had known, seen, felt. Nothing would ever be truly okay. At least, not here; his hope forever peered through that dimly lit glass, and would, until he died.

But, I know, is all he said, because the Shepherd had heard him, and had led him here. To what felt like a daydream. To Reverie.

Let me stay. She felt whole within his embrace. And though he felt broken in places, he was still whole, too. I'm ready to stay.
Messages In This Thread
oneiropólisi - by Everett - January 30, 2024, 12:59 AM
RE: oneiropólisi - by Reverie - January 30, 2024, 01:13 AM
RE: oneiropólisi - by Everett - January 31, 2024, 01:14 AM
RE: oneiropólisi - by Reverie - January 31, 2024, 01:19 PM
RE: oneiropólisi - by Everett - February 01, 2024, 12:36 AM
RE: oneiropólisi - by Reverie - February 01, 2024, 11:32 AM